Chapter 19 - Visions

The next two days were that of the guys patroling, me staying inside, and everyone trying not to think completely about what was to come. If we dwelled on it to long, it would only cause us to be depressed. I still worried a lot but kept it well hidden so no one, especially Jacob, wouldn't be concerned about me. I wanted them to be totally focused. Jacob stayed with me whenever he wasn't patroling. From that and meetings with the Cullens, I usually only saw him at night. When I wasn't with him or Paul, I hung out with Emily, Leah, or Kim.

      However, today was going to be different. I just didn't realize how different. Jacob came over about noon which made me happy. He wanted to get me out of the house so we decided to go walk the beach. It was really windy makeing it a smidge chilly but I'd be content just being near him. Once we arrived, he parked the Rabbit and opened the door for me. We walked slowly along the shore hand in hand, letting the water run over our feet. We talked about anything and everything. We didn't speak of patrol. That's one thing we both forbid. "So Dani, you know that next week is our two month anniversary?" Jacob asked. I smirked and glanced at him sideways. "Oh, is it?" I acted as if I was competely clueless, swinging our connected hands. He laughed at my obvioius sarcasm. On the inside, I was exstatic. Aaron never remembered anniversaries and to know that Jacob actually was keep track made butterflies rise in my stomach. Jacob was the most wonderful person to have as a boyfriend and it still amazed me that he was mine. "I want to take you out," Jacob all of a sudden said. "We are out," I laugh. He pulls at my hands and twirls me to face him. His face was serious. "I meant like to a nice restraunt and be dressed up. Be romantic for you," he states, almost nervous to be saying this to me. He was adorable. "Jacob, that would be really sweet. I'd just be happy to be with you," I exclaim squeezing his hand. He smiled showing all his teeth. "Come here you big romantic lug," I say pulling him down to me and placing my lips to his. He dropped my hands and wrapped them around my waist. He hoisted me up and spun me around. I let out a little yelp when my feet left the ground. We both started laughing until Jacob slowed the spinning and dropped into the sand laying on his back with me on top of him. I could feel the rise and fall of his chest with his every breath as I leaned on his chest. "I love you Jakie," I say with a smile. "Love you too Dani," he replied leaning his head up. I giggle a little before meeting his lips again.

      Things didn't get too far though. Jacob's phone started to ring. "Give it to me baby, uh huh uh huh, Give it to me baby, uh huh uh huh.." it sang. I rolled my eyes. "Suttle," I say resting my chin on my hands that were stacked on his chest. He chuckled before answering the phone. "What's up Sam?" he questioned with a smile still on his face. I smiled as I watched him listen to Sam on the other line. Suddenly, Jacob's face dropped, his eyes narrowed and his smile turned to a grim line. I could feel his body tense beneath me. This doesn't look good. "We'll be there shortly," Jacob finally stated then shut the phone and slid it in his pocket. He sat up quickly, almost sending me sprawling into the sand. "What's wrong?" I ask standing up with Jacob. "Alice has had a vision. We have to meet at the Cullens. The rest of the pack will meet us there," he stated taking my hand and pulling me back toward the Rabbit.

       I swallowed the large lump that had developed in my throat. I knew Alice had been watching for any sign of Aaron or something happening to me in the future. The fact that we'd been called to hear about her vision wasn't a good sign. The time of fighting was getting closer and the realization of this made me want to shrink away from the world. Jacob sped through the streets of La Push to Forks. I held on for dear life, afraid to break his concentration and send us flying into a tree. We pulled into the Cullen driveway no more then five minutes later.

      The door was already being held open by Edward when we walked up the porch steps. Jacob and Edward just nodded to each other in recognition but he sent me a smile. "Good afternoon Dani," he said closing the door. "Hey," I reply in a small voice. I held Jacob's hand tighter. "The others are in the living room," Edward said gesturing for us to follow. When we walked into the room, I noticed everyone was there. The room seemed to be separated. On one side was the Cullens and on the other was the pack. Some of both groups had their nose crinkled. Jacob told me once that vampires smelled sickeningly sweet to them and that they smelled just as unappealing to them. I found that extremely funny at the time but not now. I sat down on the floor in front of where Jacob had placed himself. He was seated beside Sam who was all business. "Now that we're all here I think Alice should tell you what she saw," Carlisle said calmly.

      All eyes turned to Alice who stood next to the couch. "My vision was kind of blurry seeing as Dani is around the pack but I could make out her in a bed injured and that Aaron was bringing about twenty vampires with him," she stated. I tensed. I was going to get hurt somehow but that was expected. I wasn't going to let Aaron hurt anyone even if that meant putting myself in between them. I noticed Jacob and Paul tense too but Sam kept his emotions in check. "Twenty isn't so bad. We fought a lot more with Victoria," Embry responded, trying to be hopeful. I appreciated that. "I don't know if it'll be that easy. I saw Alice's vision in her mind and they could be stronger then we've faced no matter how many they are," Edward exclaimed directing his words to Sam. "We'll be prepared," Sam stated.

      Suddenly, Alice seemed to space out and Jasper was at her side in seconds. I saw Edward's jawline tighten and I knew he could see what she saw. "What's going on?" I ask pulling myself up to sit on Jacob's lap."You won't be able to train long," Edward finally stated looking over at me. Alice came to and looked at us panicked. "What is it Alice?" Sam questioned with an certain edge to his voice. She looked at him then back in my direction."It's Aaron. They're close," she excliamed.

      As if an electric shock shot through the room, everyone was on their feet. Jacob had a protective arm around my waist and pulled me close to his side. "If they're coming here, then I need to get Dani out of here," Jacob demanded already pulling me away from the group toward the door without letting anyone respond. My heart sped up erratically at this sudden development. The plan had been that when Aaron and the others were coming, Emily, Kim, and I would barricade ourselves at Sam's house and the new wolves Collin and Brady would patrol around it. Hopefully the plan was still on but I doubted it. We thought we'd be given more time before they got here, not a few seconds. "It's too late Jacob," Alice said, stopping us in our tracks. The room seemed to grow cold as we slowly turned around to face the mixed group behind us. "What do you mean?" Paul asked, worry etched on his face. All eyes once again landed on the pixie-like vampire. I gasped and my stomached dropped as I heard what Alice said next.

"They're here."