Chapter 26 - Unbearable Situation

Jacob's POV

      The woods were quiet around the reservation. Sam and I were running the border of La Push and Forks. There hasn't been any activity since Aaron's attack but my mind wouldn't have been on it anyway. I was still thinking about my time with Danielle just now. I hated to leave her with her parents for too long. Everytime I'm away from her, images of her smile, the sound of her laugh, the feel of her arms around my waist as I hold her, everything about her takes over my mind. "It never ends," Sam's thoughts cut into my rambling. "You'll always feel that way when it comes to your imprint," Sam continued , trotting up to fall instep beside me in his wolf form. "I like moments like this when I dont have to worry about her safety, where I can just be with her. Do you ever stop worrying?" I reply turning my head to watch Sam, letting him see the conversation on the beach about Danielle's parents possibly forcing her to leave. "No, you never stop worrying," he said with a chuckle before turning serious, " Danielle's parents will come to understand that you love each other. It'll all be fine Jacob." I nodded my head before turning back ahead of me. I really hope Sam is right. I don't know what I'd do if she was gone from my life.

      We ran along in silence and were closing back around to the reservation when Paul burst into our thoughts. His breathing was strained as he camw to a halt in front of us. He couldn't even focus. "Paul take it easy," Sam ordered. "Dan..ielle," Paul sputtered. "What's wrong with Dani?!" I asked, my heart jumping to my throat. Images flashed through my head. Danielle's parents with bags, Paul trying to talk some sense into them, Danielle's dad grabbing her and shoving her in the car, and Danielle crying. All of this flashed in only a minute but it felt like I was watching the horror unfold for hours. Emotions corsed through me. Anger at her parents, desperation to stop them, and worry I wouldn't get there in time. "Let's go," Sam commanded taking off towards Port Angeles with me and Paul on his heels. I couldn't believe this was happening. Dani had told me. She told me this was going to happen but I didn't believe her. I didn't think it would happen so sudden. The picture of her struggling and crying stayed in my head. I had to reach her. I had to stop her parents. I had to keep Dani here.

      With these thoughts racing, I pushed my legs hard towards the airport. Lucky for us the woods ran all the way to the airport since it was on the outskirts of Port Angeles. We shifted back and dressed quickly before bursting through the doors. I must've looked like a mad man because I could see people looking at me but I didn't care. I was frantic, searching for any sign of Danielle in the busy terminal. "Jacob it's this way!" I hear Paul call pointing down a sideway. The sign on the wall flashed NOW BOARDING FOR ST. LOUIS GATE 27A. We sprinted through the crowd, dodging as many people as we could. I heard several people call after us but it didn't stop us.

      I finally picked up Dani's familiar scent. I pushed ahead so that Sam and Paul were now following me. We came to a halt as a stewardess closed a door where the scent led. "Excuse me, can we get on?" Paul asked after we all came to a stop behind her. She turned toward us startled and replied, "I'm sorry sir, all passengers are loaded and the captain is getting ready to take off." "No! You have to let us on, my girlfriend is on that plane. It'll only take a minute," I screamed beginning to feel a tremor run up my spine. "I'm terribly sorry sir but I can't" she stated, slightly frightened. I released a growl at her. I was going to tear down the door to get to her if I had too. Sam grabbed my arm and pulled me away. "Calm down now Jacob," he whispered harshly.

      The plane Danielle and her parents were on slowly pulled away and turned to go to the runway. My shaking didn't cease. I was slowly losing control and Paul and Sam could see it. They quickly escorted me out of the building and stopped at the forest entrance. "Jacob, it's going to be fine. Calm down," Sam explained. "No it's not Sam! Dani is gone. Her parents made her leave and now I won't be able to see her," I exclaimed pacing back and forth running my hand through my hair. "Come on Jake, we're going to get her back," Paul said trying to comfort me with a hand on my shoulder but it only made me feel worse. I turned and pushed him hard to the ground and backed away. "You can't say anything. Neither of your imprints just left to the other side of the country. You have no idea what it feels like to have failed to protect her," I yelled before phasing and running back towards La Push.

      I felt Sam and Paul's presence but I blocked them out. It felt like I was being ripped apart. It was like my breathe was gone and I couldn't get it back. I finally got to my house where I changed and stormed into the house. My dad was at Charlie's so I was all alone. I would always be alone now. I slam my bedroom door behind me and then start tearing into my room. I flipped my mattress over, slinging the sheets everywhere. I cleared my dresser top. Things were broken and after I was done, it looked like a tornado came through my room. My anger subsided to a different emotion as I looked at the mess I had created. A wave of depression hit me full force and I just broke down. A sob ripped through me as I pulled at my hair and dropped to my knees. Danielle was gone. She was far away by now and I had no control. I hadn't had the chance to stop them...to say goodbye. I promised to always protect her and be there for her but I had failed again. As I curled up among my destroyed room, I had never felt more helpless.

Dani's POV

      The sky looked beautiful as the plane glided above the clouds but I barely registered any of it. I didn't see the point. Without Jacob with me, my world was colorless...ugly. My parents were talking softly beside me but I was in my own world. I had put up a fight until I was buckled in on the plane. My tears hadn't stopped since La Push. My heart hurt in my chest as I watched my life slip away with the clouds. I felt an almost hatred towards my parents and what they had done. They are dragging me back to a place full of bad memories and empty of my friends and Jacob. Jacob. I didn't even get to tell him goodbye. I didn't get to hold him to me and feel his warmth close to me. I didn't get to tell him how much I loved him and how much I cared. I could only imagine how Jacob must be feeling.

      Imagining him broken and blaming himself only made the tears come faster. I felt my mother's cold hand try to take mine but I pulled it away. I would never be able to forgive them for forcing me back. I would return as soon as I could. I stood up and made my way to one of the airplane bathrooms. I closed and locked the door behind me. I put down the lid on the toilet and sat down. I dropped my head and let every emotion take me over as I sobbed into my hands. My whole body was shaking from the sobs. I was alone and going back to a place where no one really knows me. I had left everything behind. My friends...my love...my life.