Chapter 25 - Forced

These next couple of chapters might be a bit sad but bare with me. There 's only a few left and this story will be over! Enjoy!

************************************************************************************************************

       Two weeks have past since the fight. Two weeks since my parents arrived. They've only brought up moving once since the first night. I refuse to listen to them. La Push was my home now. I've been healing relatively fast. I'm still incredibly sore but thanks to Carlisle's medical care, the cast and sling are gone. Jacob has been...Jacob. He hasn't left my side, literally. I had to basically push him out of the room so I could use the bathroom. He hasn't said anything about my parents. I know that he knows they want to move me back. It still weighs on my mind too. The pack and even some of the Cullens came and visited me while I was stuck in the house. It made my heart swell to know I had so many people here who cared for me. How can my parents expect me to just leave it all behind?

      Now I was sitting on a log at the beach. Jacob wanted to bring me to get me out of the house. His arm was slung around my waist and my head rested against his shoulder. The sun was setting in the brilliant blues, reds, and oranges. I loved moments like this with just me and him. Jacob kept me warm as always in the slowly declining temperature. "Thanks for getting me out of that prison," I say softly leaning more against him. His arm instinctively tightened around me. "I just want to see you happy," he replied kissing the top of my head. A big smile spread across my face. He always knew what to say to make my stomach flutter. "I'm always happy when I'm with you," I respond, looking out at the water. We sat there in a comfortable silence for a little while. My mind went from me being with Jacob forever to having to be separated from him by my parents. I tried to never think about being apart from Jacob because it hurt to much. I knew I had to talk to Jacob about it. No matter how much it hurt, we had to have a plan if things go wrong.

      "Jacob?" I say leaning back to look at him. "Yeah Dani?" he asked with a smile that melted my heart. He looked so carefree that I almost didn't continue but I had to. "I think we need to talk about the possibility that my parents will take me back to St. Louis," I state, keeping my voice even. His face immediately fell. "That'd never happen," he declared so firmly that I almost believed him. "But what if it does? I'm still seventeen so technically I'm still under their guardianship. If they want, they can get me to go back," I reply, my voice giving away my worry. Jacob placed his hands on the sides of my face so that I couldn't turn away. "Dani, I love you and I'm going to fight to keep you here with me. You're everything to me. I can't go without seeing you for a long amount of time. They aren't taking you away from me," he exclaimed. His eyes bore into mine making me feel safe. I trusted Jacob with my life. He says he'd fight to keep me here but this wasn't a regular fight. He can't just kill my parents like he'd do a vampire. What if this fight was too big for even him to handle? I nod my head and give him a smile. A small smile returned to his face but it didn't reach his eyes. They held worry even though he was trying to be strong for me.

      The sun was almost completely gone when Jacob had to take me home. He had to patrol with Sam until three in the morning. It was only eight when he dropped me off at home. "I'll leave the window open for you," I say after walking around to his side of the car. He nodded and leaned in to kiss me gently . It was a sweet kiss and no matter how many times we kissed, it still felt like the first. I pulled away and told him to be careful. I waved as he drove away and turned towards the house. I stopped when I saw my parents' rental car parked next to the house. I hadn't seen it when Jacob was here and apparently he hadn't either.

      I cautiously made my way in the house to hear Paul talking with my parents. "Please reconsider. Dani loves it here and we love her," Paul pleaded. I could see his face from where I stood. He almost looked scared. It was unnerving to see my tough cousin acting that way. My parents' backs were to me as I stood in the doorway. "What's going on?" I asked, causing Paul's eyes to glance at me and my parents to turn around. "We're going home," my mom stated. It was then that I noticed my suitcases sitting next to the door. My heart jumped to my throat and my body went cold. "No! I'm not going," I exclaim slamming the door behind me. "We aren't discussing this with you Danielle. We're telling you. Now grab your things," my dad demanded moving toward the door. I stared at them in horror. "Uncle George, Aunt Lily, please see reason. No one wants Dani to go and she loves it here," Paul tried to persuade them as he followed their movements. I run to Paul and throw my arms around him, holding tight. "This can't be happening Paul," I whisper frantically. "It'll be ok," he whispered back hugging me.

      Then my dad grabbed me by the arm and yanked me away from Paul. Granted, Paul could've easily held onto me but my parents didn't know about the werewolf thing. "Dad you can't do this! If you force me to go, I'll hate you both," I yell trying to sound threatening even though tears were beginning to pool in my eyes. My dad wasn't listening. Paul scrambled after us still begging them not to take me away. My heart was beating irratically in my chest and it got harder to breath. My whole world seemed to be crashing down around me. My parents were taking me back to St. Louis, away from my friends, away from Jacob. Jacob, I thought. "Dad stop, Jacob doesn't even know. I have to say goodbye. Let me go!" I screamed frantically trying to pull away from him. It would kill me not to see him again and I'm sure he'd die if he didn't get the chance to say goodbye.

      We were getting closer to the car and my dad wasn't losening his grip even though I was trying my best to get free. Mom was already in the car waiting to leave. "Paul! Go get Jacob. Tell him what's going on. Tell him I love him," I yell as my dad shoved me in the back seat and starting the car. "Don't worry sweetie, we'll be back home shortly," my mom tried to calm me down. "This is my home mom. Please let me stay," I cry, tears now spilling out of my eyes. "I don't want to hear it Danielle. You're being dramatic! This is not your home," my dad responded as he drove down the driveway. I looked back to see Paul taking off into the woods. Please hurry Paul, I thought to myself as we drove further away. My parents had gone insane if they thought I'd be happy about being in St. Louis. I had no friends there. It held so many awful memories that it made me sick just thinking about it. I didn't have Jacob. I couldn't imagine being so far away from him. To never kiss him again, to never be in his arms...that made my heart crunch in my chest. Would I even get to talk to him on the phone? My dad drove further away from La Push and closer to the airport in Port Angeles. I just hoped Paul could get to Jacob in time. I hoped they'd be able to save me again.