Ch. 5

Normani walked back to Lauren but instantly frowned when she saw it was just Lauren and no sign of Camila.

"Hey Lauren, where did Camila go?" Normani wondered as she glanced around for the famous brunette. Lauren was still staring off where Camila had disappeared that she hadn't noticed Normani and was startled by her voice.

"Oh, um she had to leave..." Lauren mumbled turning to look at Normani who held papers in her hands.

"Really? Aw maybe something urgent came up then." Normani frowned looking at the papers. Lauren glanced at them before looking back at Normani.

"What's wrong?" Lauren asked noticing the frown on the nurse.

"Nothing bad, I just wanted to show Camila these before she left. We finally closed off a deal to open more children's hospitals around the world." Normani gleamed happily as she spoke, "First we're building two in Cuba for those who can't afford medical care. All fees will be taking care of for them by Camila's donations. Then we're building more in Africa, Mexico, and a few more." Normani stared proudly at the documents in her hand.

Lauren suddenly felt nauseous. She kept having mixed emotions about Camila and who she was. One minute she's a cocky asshole who plays with everyone, the next she's helping to build hospitals for the less fortunate. Camila's words popped back into Lauren's head and she wondered who the real Camila was. Why would Camila make the world believe she was an ignorant, rich, spoiled brat? Maybe there was parts of her that were and she wasn't afraid to admit them but there was also parts of her that weren't like that. So how come she was scared to admit that part of her? The good part. Lauren wondered to herself; Did Camila really think that low of herself?

Before Lauren could get lost deeper into her thoughts, Normani had touched Lauren's arm.

"Lauren you okay?" The nurse asked with concern. Lauren's green eyes flickered to her dark brown ones and she mustered a smile.

"Yeah, sorry I just thought about something. But um please let me know if there's anything I can do to help with the new hospitals. Anything at all, I would love to help." Lauren sincerely spoke and glanced at the children in the play area. Normani followed her gaze and smiled at Lauren's admiration for the children.

"I will, thank you Lauren." Her friend have her a hug in appreciation. Lauren hadn't known Normani that very well but they did consider each other good friends. They knew the other would always be there for the one another for whatever situation.

"No thank you Normani." Lauren smiled as they broke apart. Normani had gone to the same college Lauren had but only went to take a few classes before exchanging. That's when they met and became friends. Normani had called Lauren about volunteering at the hospital a few months later after she got her job there because she knew how much Lauren loved children.

After that Lauren had went back to play with the children for a little while before she sadly had to leave. Lauren hated saying bye to them because they were so adorable when they would grab onto her legs to prevent her from leaving.

"Nooooo Lamp stay!" One of them begged as he hugged Lauren's leg.

"Please don't go yet." Another girl pouted, lightly pulling on Lauren's hand. It was difficult to say the least when Lauren would tell them she had to leave even though she wished she could stay.

"I'll be back in a couple of days okay? I'll always come back for you guys." She kissed all of them on the forehead goodbye and finally was able to detach them from her with a few help of the nurses. Lauren waved bye to them one last time and left.

When she got back to her dorm, she saw Lucy barely getting out of her class with her friend.

"Hey Lucy." She greeted and walked up to them. Lucy hadn't noticed Lauren approached her but instantly smiled when she saw her best friend. She moved her books to her left side and reached her right hand out for Lauren which she gladly took and laced their hands together.