Ch. 12

Camila and Lauren sat on the top of the hill as Camila told her past memories of the park. Lauren stayed silent, allowing Camila to talk without any interruptions.

"When we were little, we didn't have much. So going to places like this meant everything to us, to me. My parents often worked a lot so they could manage to pay the bills but they would put every effort into spending as much time with us. It was hard for them, it always was." Camila sighed, "This place is more of a memory of my mother. She was the one who always took us when my father was working. She would play with us every single time we were here. Never did she once complain or say she was tired even when she was. But I remember loving this place because I connected with my mother more. Of all the times she would push me on the swing, or chase me around and play tag. She would always play with us." Camila then stopped and swallowed hard as she frowned. "Until she couldn't anymore..."

Lauren frowned as well and stared intently at Camila. She could feel the pain in her voice and it hurt her to see Camila like that. It was like a bittersweet moment for the small Cuban. It seemed all her memories were. All the moments she spend with her parents and brothers were happy times for her, but then she would remember something bad. Something that troubles her when she speaks about her them.

Lauren leaned her hand over and grabbed Camila's. She found this was the best way to show Camila that she was there for her. Even when she didn't say it.

"I'm sure she was an amazing woman." Lauren spoke softly. She used 'was' simply because she knew they weren't in the picture anymore for whatever reason. Lauren didn't dare ask though. That will only be revealed in time when Camila felt comfortable enough and if she wanted to.

Camila smiled and pulled their joined hands on her lap and played with Lauren's fingers gently. "She was Lauren. She really was." Camila's light chocolate eyes looked up and breathed in slowly before exhaling.

Lauren watched her carefully. "Are you okay?"

Camila nodded and she turned her head to look at Lauren. "Lauren, I didn't just take you to these places to show you I'm different than what everyone thinks. I took you here because I trust you and that's hard for me to say. But not only that, but because I want you to make your own memories." Their eyes locked with one another. "These places...they mean a lot to me. Every memory I have of them are happy and beautiful. They're the only places that are somewhat of a safe haven to me. And I want them to be that for you too."

Lauren was shocked and speechless. No one had ever said something so sweet like that to her before. Lauren was finding it more and more harder to believe that Camila was even real anymore.

"I just want you to know that whenever you feel stressed, sad, angry or just simply wanting to escape the world around for you a bit...to come to these places."

Lauren realized that Camila was willing to share these places that were a big part of her so it meant so much more to Lauren.

"Or even if one day you feel lost and want someone to find you, come here. I'll find you Lauren...I'll always find you."

In that moment Lauren Jauregui was officially falling for Camila Cabello.

No had done something like that for Lauren or even said anything like this before. Lauren couldn't believe it herself. She felt like this was all a fairytale movie and that any given moment, someone was going to come out and yell, "Cut!" But no one did and that's when she realized that this wasn't a movie. This was real life and Camila was sitting right in front of her with the most gentle eyes.