Ch. 13 (Part 2)

Lauren frowned immediately and quickly texted Camila back. The way Camila had texted it sounded bad. It made Lauren worried and curious to what Camila needed to talk to her about. She bit her lip and got up to put on her shoes.

"Where are you going?"

Lucy stepped out of the bathroom with a confused frown. Lauren slipped her phone in her pocket and turned toward Lucy.

"Sorry, I have to go. Something came up but I'll text you later." Lauren walked over to Lucy and planted a quick kiss on her cheek before bolting out. Not leaving a chance for Lucy to say anything.

Lauren felt a buzz in her pocket and quickly pulled her phone out to check the text Camila had sent her.

I'm here - Camz [Sent]

Lauren was a bit surprised at how fast Camila had gotten there. She thought maybe Camila was already headed here before Lauren even texted her to come. A part of Lauren was just curious and the other part was nervous. Camila didn't sound as happy as she usually was when talking or texting Lauren. She just hoped everything was okay.

Her green eyes looked behind her then around the parking lot before scurrying over to Camila's car who was parked far end of the parking lot. Lauren huffed quietly at how far Camila had parked. She understood the caution so they wouldn't get seen but it was tiring. Finally Lauren opened the passenger side door and got in. She shut the door and glanced over at Camila who wasn't making eye contact with her.

Lauren frowned, "Camz?"

"I need to talk to you. But not here, I want to go somewhere." Camila's voice was low and sounded almost sad. Lauren wanted to ask what was wrong but decided it was best if she just waited until they got to their destination.

The drive wasn't long but it seemed forever. Lauren couldn't help but feel like the silence was too loud. It didn't have that calm aura it usually had, and that made Lauren sad. Camila hadn't uttered a word since they left, let alone glanced at Lauren. It was strange to have this feeling of being ignored.

Lauren then realized that they were headed to the beach. She didn't question it though and just continued in silence. Camila pulled up in the spot as last time and shut off the car. She glanced over at Lauren and gave her a very small smile but it didn't reach her eyes.

"Come on." Camila said quietly and got out of the car. Signalizing to Lauren to follow her out. Camila grabbed some things from her trunk and lead Lauren down the same path as before. She gently placed everything down and Lauren studied the things she brought. It was a blanket, a journal, two cameras and a pen. Lauren was confused as she looked up at Camila who was still silent as she laid out the blanket. She sat herself down and patted the seat next to her. Lauren obliged and sat down without a word. They just sat there as the wind blew out toward them from the ocean.

"I needed to clear my head." Camila finally said and Lauren directed her attention from the beautiful view of the ocean toward Camila.

"Clear your head about what?" Lauren replied gently.

Camila bit her lip and lightly shrugged. "A lot of things lately."

"I'm always here if you need me." Lauren gently elbowed Camila reassuringly.

Camila just sighed and leaned her head on Lauren's shoulder as they stared off into the ocean. Lauren rested her head on top of Camila's and breathed in Camila's scent that smelled just like lavender.