Ch. 10

"Thank you for coming."

Lauren smiled as she stuffed her hands in her pockets.  She was walking along side Camila as they walked to their cars.

"Thank you for inviting me." Camila responded back and looked over at Lauren. "I had a really great time. It felt nice being there."

Lauren couldn't help but feel a surge of happiness erupt in her body at hearing Camila say that. She was glad she was able to convince Camila to do that and that she had a good time doing it too.

"Of course. I come here every chance I can, I would love if you would come too." Lauren shrugged as they approached their cars. Lauren softly chuckled when she noticed a brand new luxury car parked a few cars down. She knew it was Camila's since no one around here could afford something like that.

"I would love that." Camila smiled. Lauren opened her car and glanced at Camila before biting her lip nervously. She honestly wanted to spend more time with the other Cuban but was shy to ask.
"What's wrong?" Camila asked noticing Lauren's nervous posture.

"O-oh nothing. I was just thinking but never mind." Lauren waved off, not being able to gather the courage.

Camila studied Lauren and a small smile appeared on her lips. "Wanna do something?"

Lauren was shocked but then felt relieved and happy that Camila knew exactly what she wanted to ask. "Sure," she played it off. "Where to?"

"Well, I'm not done showing you who I actually am yet. We've got a long way to go still, are you up for it?"

Lauren just smiled, "Always."

They decided to drop Lauren's car off at the campus and Camila drive them to the location in which Lauren didn't know yet. Of course she knew that even if she asked, Camila wouldn't tell her. So instead she enjoyed the curiosity of figuring out where they were going to go.

Camila felt slightly nervous but happy all at once. She was nervous and scared that she was going to open so much of herself to Lauren, who she recently met. She's never done this before and there was no instructions on how to. She just hoped for the best and that Lauren wouldn't walk away when it was time for Camila to reveal some of her darker times. Camila gripped the wheel a little tighter just thinking about it and Lauren automatically noticed.

"Hey are you okay?"

Camila instantly calmed herself and her grip on the wheel weakened. "Yeah," she cleared her throat. "Sorry, this is all new to me still." Lauren knew exactly what Camila was referring to and understood.

"If you aren't ready yet, I can wait." Lauren assured but Camila shook her head.

"No I want to."

With that it was a silent drive but a comfortable one. It wasn't awkward, in fact, it was peaceful. Camila's tense body had relaxed and Lauren was just enjoying the breeze of the cool wind with the music playing in the background. Her green eyes looked up at the sky in which it was starting to barely get dusky out. The sun was still out but barely shinning through the clouds. It was beautiful and it was Lauren's favorite time. Camila glanced over at Lauren and smiled, she loved seeing her like that.

Soon Camila pulled up to a beach that used to be extremely popular but had died down when theme parks opened up and kids found other places to spend their time. Camila thought that was sad but at the same time didn't mind since it was more peaceful without so many people around. Camila parked her car and did a glance around to make sure no one was around. It didn't seem like it. The beach was completely empty and the sun was sitting, in which the few people that did come, hardly went at this time.