Ch 16.

The next morning when Lauren woke up, she felt dizzy and unaware of her surroundings until she took in the interior of her dorm room. She rubbed her head hoping that it will numb the headache that began growing. Her green eyes looked around and found James sleeping on the lounge chair she had in the corner next to her bed.

Confusion washed over Lauren's face until memories of what had happened last night recoiled in Lauren's mind. Suddenly her headache had increased and she groaned in pain before settling her head back down on her pillow. As much as Lauren didn't want to think about the events that had happened the night before, she couldn't help but let her mind swarm with dark thoughts. Without wanting to admit it, Lauren was jealous. Simple as that. A feeling that Lauren was still quite foreign to and didn't know how to deal with it just as Camila couldn't deal with hers either.

The more Lauren thought about things the more she realized she acted out of proportion last night. As much as she didn't want to say it; Camila wasn't hers. She had every right to be with any girl and Lauren had no right to get mad. That didn't stop her from feeling it but it kept her from doing something crazy that she'll regret later.

Just as her thoughts got deeper, a loud jolting pounding started knocking on her door. Causing both her and James to jump at the loud abrupt noise. James's dark blue eyes; that looked tired, flickered over to Lauren startled and in confusion. He gave her a questioning glare as to ask her if she knew who was pounding so loudly at her door so early in the morning. Lauren shrugged and gestured to James to go see. A sigh escaped his tired lips as he rubbed his face awake and nodded. He stood and without another second he opened the door to reveal a distraught Camila on the other end.

Hurt, confusion and anger swirled in Camila's chocolate eyes when James revealed himself at Lauren's door. James mentally cursed as he noticed him being at Lauren's so early in the morning didn't seem to come off so good.

James opened his mouth to say something but a hand was placed on his shoulder causing him to stop the words from leaving his mouth.

Suddenly Lauren appeared puzzled to who had shown up at her door. When Camila's eyes flickered from James to Lauren, the anger in them immediately vanished. But the hurt and confusion was still laced in them.

"L-Lauren." Camila's voice cracked a little. Lauren's green orbs turned to James and nodded at him giving him a small smile.

He got the hint and went to grab his jacket. "I'll uh see you guys later then." He said awkwardly. "Be safe...both of you." James looked at both girls before departing down the hall.

Lauren didn't say anything to Camila, in fact she hardly showed any emotion. She walked back to her bed knowing Camila was going to follow.

"Lauren why was he here? I thought he just dropped you off?" Camila immediately said after shutting the door behind her.

Lauren simply shrugged and sat herself on the edge of her bed. "I asked him to stay." She stated nonchalantly.

Camila looked at her with the same hurt stare and disbelief. "What? You-he stayed? In your bed?" Camila's voice was slowly rising but Lauren remained calm.

A sigh escaped Lauren's pink lips, "No he slept there," she quickly nodded toward the chair in the corner. "But that doesn't concern you, does it?"

Camila's chocolate eyes intently focused on Lauren's green ones'. "It does actually."

Suddenly Lauren wasn't so calm, "So I can't have a good friend stay the night because I was distraught but a girl can be hanging off your arm kissing you?"