Ch. 8

Panic rushed through Lauren's body as she heard her best friend on the other side. She wasn't ready to tell Lucy anything yet. Lauren didn't know how her best friend would even react especially after finding out Lauren has been hiding it for a while. Her green eyes flickered to Camila's light brown ones and she could tell Camila was confused herself.

"What?" Camila whispered since she knew whoever was on the other side, Lauren didn't want them finding out she was there. Lauren immediately put her index finger to her lips to signal Camila to be quiet.

"Hang on I'm changing!" Lauren called as she frantically looked around. She grabbed Camila's wrist and tugged her arm.

"Lauren, I've seen you in your underwear like a million times. Just open the door, I look like shit and I don't want anyone to see me." Lucy's voice was muffled by the door as she continued to knock. Lauren pulled Camila into her bathroom as Camila frowned while knotting her eyebrows. Why had this Lucy girl seen Lauren in her underwear? Camila thought to herself, not liking the jealousy erupting in her stomach.

She was sent flying into the bathroom though as Lauren gave her an apologetic look. "I'm so sorry, just don't make a sound please." She closed the door behind her and rushed to open Lucy who was sending her a glare.

"A thousand years later." She muttered as she stepped in.

"Sorry." Lauren immediately apologized as she nervously closed the door behind her. Lucy went to go retrieve something and Lauren realized Lucy must've left one of her books the last time she was here.

Lucy turned around and did a glance up on Lauren. "Where are you going?" She asked noticing the nice attire Lauren was wearing. It wasn't fancy but it wasn't Lauren's lazy casual wear either.

"Uh-w-what do you mean?" Lauren stuttered and mentally scolded herself. Lucy gave her a weird look before glancing around then back at Lauren.

"You're dressed nicer than usual." Lucy noted pointing towards Lauren's clothes. Lauren looked down at herself and nodded.

"Uh I just wanted to grab something to eat and get some coffee or something. Since I don't have classes today I thought why not treat myself?" She explained and was low key proud of herself for coming up a nice believable lie like that. Although she didn't like lying to her best friend, she knew she had to. Lucy seemed to believe it thankfully.

"You're going by yourself?" She wondered and Lauren nodded. "Do you want me to go with you or...?"

Lauren immediately began shaking her head. "No, no, no it's okay. You have classes later and besides I kind of wanted some alone time." She responded quickly. Lucy didn't seem to notice her fast reply though and just nodded as made her way toward Lauren and gave her a hug.

"Alrighty, just be safe okay?" Lucy said as Lauren hugged her back. She pulled away and planted a kiss on Lauren's cheek like she usually did and made her way to the door. "If something comes up, text me." With that she left and Lauren breathed a sigh of relief. She waited a moment to make sure Lucy was gone before going to get Camila.

As soon as she opened the door, Camila stumbled back. Lauren looked at her confused. "Why were you so close to the door?" She wondered.

Camila cleared her throat and composed herself. "What are you talking about? I was waiting for you." She simply stated. Lauren was still looking at her funny but let it go. She turned and signaled Camila to follow her. Camila released the breath she was holding and was glad Lauren didn't ask further questions. Of course she was eavesdropping on Lauren and Lucy. She wanted to hear their interaction and what they were talking about.