Bullying Isn't The Answer

You find yourself taking in the room that you are currently in. It's rather bright with a large furnace off to one side and an assortment of tools lining up the sides. In the centre is an anvil which has a half made weapon sitting on it. You are only brought back to the situation at hand when a large force collides with the door behind you.

"He sure is persistent..." You mumble, digging your feet into the ground as you try to counter each push. The blacksmith in front of you simply watches you with an expressionless face. "I apologise for this senpai." You are thrown forwards a little by a kick to the door as you say this, but you quickly regain composure.

"You're gonna break it." He states, gesturing for you to move away from the door. You wait for the bully to send another kick to the door before you bolt over to the older boy's side; hiding behind him slightly.

"Good job that you know when to quit!" The brute shouts from the other side of the door, the door itself screeching as it is wrenched open. The guy takes a strong step into the room and instantly starts walking towards you; almost completely ignoring the senior student that you are cowering behind. "Now, this will only hurt a little..." He taunts, moving to grab your wrist.

Before he can reach you, however, a small blade lodges itself in his hand. "Get out..." Izayoi warns, his voice quiet and eyes cold. The bully doesn't take too kindly to this and attempts to take a swing at the blacksmith who remains unfazed. The teen simply moves a little to the side pulling another small weapon from out of his sleeve. "I said get out." He demands, only a little louder than before. The bully glares at you before leaving the room, knowing that he would probably run into you again sometime.

"I'll see you around." The guy taunts, shutting the door behind him. Once his footsteps have faded, you let out a heavy sigh, your shoulders shaking slightly. Izayoi heads over to the anvil and continues with whatever he was doing before, completely ignoring your presence.

"Thank you." You whisper, watching as Izayoi works with the metal weapon; carefully moulding it to the desired shape. The blacksmith continues to ignore you, choosing to focus purely on his craft instead. You are tempted to leave, but the taunting from earlier weighs heavily on your mind so instead you choose to delay the inevitable.

You struggle to keep a track on time and after a long battle, you eyelids droop shut; leaving you sleeping on the floor in a rather awkward position. Izayoi shrugs it off, manoeuvring around you with little trouble. It is only when the school day comes to an end that he finally decides to do something about it.

"Get up." He says, bending down and nudging you with his hand. In response you swat his hand away, rolling to a slightly more comfortable position. Izayoi lets out a heavy sigh, moving closer to your face. "I sai-"

"I heard, I heard." You rub your eyes a little, slowly sitting up. You stretch a little, attempting to shake your muscles into action, before rising to stand. The blacksmith watches you with a blank face, probably waiting for you to finally leave him alone. "Thanks for letting me stay!" You exclaim whilst yawning slightly, receiving no response from your senior. Dejected, you walk over to the door and leave the classroom but not before giving your 'saviour' a small wave.

Once out of the room you look at the watch on your wrist, realising that school ended ten minutes ago. You take a moment to thank the Gods that Monday is when your brother has track after school; otherwise you would end up having to run to pick him up on time. You start to walk off, passing a small girl wearing a fuzzy collar and holding a bag of something that smells delicious who heads into the room that you just came from. "I wonder whether Nagito waited for me..." You ponder, strolling through the school building.