Some People Really Shouldn't Be Teachers

"Nagito! What on earth are you doing in here!?" You ask in a hushed tone, completely taken aback by the luckster's disturbingly laid back attitude to housebreaking.

"You ditched me yesterday, so I was worried..." He explains, a concerned frown on his face. You let out a heavy sigh as he stands up and walks over to you, oblivious to the fact that he had nearly given you a heart attack with his sudden appearance.

"And then what? You decided to climb through the window?" You question, still trying to calm your pulse rate down, but it continues to rocket onwards.

The luckster nods, taking another step forwards whilst raising one of his hands. You freeze when you feel it rest on your right cheek; his thumb gently brushing over the bruise that still stains your skin. You would be lying if you said that it didn't hurt, in fact, it hurts like hell. This pain causes you wince involuntarily under Nagito's touch. "Who did this to you?" He is careful to make sure that no further pain is caused.

You find yourself looking down to the ground, unable to maintain eye contact with your friend. "I... I tripped over..." You lie, placing your hand over Nagito's and moving it away from your face. "Guess I'm contracting Masaru's clumsiness." You try to joke, but it falls flat.

"I've known you for a long time (Y/N); long enough to know that your nose scrunches up a little when you lie." He replies, sighing at your dishonesty. You aren't sure how to respond and so choose to remain silent.

After while you manage to mutter a feeble apology. "I'm sorry..." As the words tumble from your lips you feel them start to tremble; you silently curse at the weakness you are displaying.

Nagito stands there more confused than anything as tears pour down your cheeks for the third time that day. You furiously try to brush them away, ignoring the stinging from the bruise, but he stops you by gently taking a hold of your hands.

"You're only going to hurt yourself more."

You nod, not really sure how to respond to Nagito's concern. Slowly his frown turns into a small smile as you cease crying, managing to whisper a "Thank you" before sitting down on the edge of the bed. "What time is it?" You ask shakily, yawning as you stretch your arms.

Nagito looks down at his small watch, tapping the glass a little before sending you an awkward smile. "5am..." Without even thinking, you lob a pillow at his head but miss by a millimetre.

"What on earth made you think that 5am is a good time to break into someone's house!?" You ask, trying to keep your voice to a quiet whisper. The luckster shrugs your comment off, moving to sit next to you. "It's lucky you didn't wake anyone up."

He chuckles a little, leaning back on your bed. "Well, I am the Ultimate Luckster..."

"Yeah, yeah" You roll your eyes a little. "The Ultimate Luckster who once got trapped in a vending machine." You reply, nudging him with your elbow.

The luckster remains silent for a couple of moments before mumbling; "It was a Claw Crane actually." You stare at him in disbelief. His willingness to admit his own mistakes and faults always seems to catch you off guard. Most people would try to deny something like that, or place the blame for it on something else, but he just accepts it.

A comfortable silence falls over the room as you drift into a light slumber, trying to catch up on a little bit of sleep before you head off to school. Nagito doesn't move, just sitting there as he waits for you to wake up again, which you would have found exceedingly creepy but you have become used to some of his... quirkier... characteristics over time.

At about 6:30 you find yourself drifting back into consciousness. Usually you would have slept until the last possible moment, savouring every second of sleep that you got, but you didn't want to have another run in with the step-dad, especially after the events of last night. Running into him would definitely be a worse case scenario.