My Mind has Claws and Sets of Teeth,

Trigger Warning for violence

---------------------------------------

Junko doesn't seem too surprised by Chisa's intervention, her tenacious grin still spread wide across her face. She gracefully picks herself up, not bothering to check for injuries. You feel you body start to unfreeze as you stumble backwards and collide with the wall behind you. Chisa moves to your side, her eyes remaining on Junko as she does so.

"Are you ok?" You struggle to look up at her, but her voice is gentle and warm. You try to nod, but your hand instinctively reaches out and clasps onto her arm. It made you feel safe, albeit temporarily. "You need to get out of here," she whispers, gently unhooking your hand.

It would be a lie to say that you didn't want to run away. That you didn't want to forget ever meeting Junko. That you wanted to remain in her presence. But you couldn't bear to leave Chisa alone. An unsettling feeling sets in you that if you leave her now, you won't see her again. "I... I can help," you declare as you try to face Junko.

Chisa sighs as her gaze temporarily moves over to you. "I can't let you do that (Y/N)," a frown playing across her lips as she continues. "Any moment now, Chiaki is going bring your classmates down here and," Chisa doesn't need to finish what she is saying.

"Junko will..." An ugly realisation quickly dawns on you. Your body seemingly moves on its own; taking measured steps backwards, attempting to get to the door. Unfortunately, your chat with Chisa distracted you just enough to not notice that one of Junko's group had disappeared.

You spin around in an attempt to sprint to the door, only to come face to face with Izuru. You try to force your way through, but end up colliding with the metal door. A different person then grabs onto you, starting to drag you backwards. Desperately you push at them and dig your fingers into them, but a firm grip locks on your upper arm. Pulling you backwards, the person slams their foot into your injured ankle causing you to hiss out in pain.

A loud cracking sound follows instantaneously, sending you crashing to the floor. Izuru watches on apathetically as your attacker pulls you back towards Junko. Through the process of elimination, you figure that it's Mukuro who is dragging you away from the door. Despite her obvious strength advantage, you still attempt to wriggle out of her hold. She drags you upwards so that your weight is pressing onto your damaged ankle. Her arm wraps tightly around your neck and a blade is being held against your temple. The metal digs slightly into your skin, causing you to wince. It quickly becomes obvious that you won't be making it out of the basement to stop your friends.

"(Y/N)!" Chisa yells, her attention briefly moving away from Junko. This is the wrong move as Junko's left hand latches into Chisa's shoulder and spins her round. Her fist then slams into your teacher's stomach. Chisa staggers backwards, her face contorting in agony as Junko continues her attack. You have to close your eyes as Junko's assault becomes more and more vicious.

Finally Chisa falls, crumbling to her knees as Junko looms over her. "Took you long enough," she mutters dismissively as she folds her arms over her chest. She goes to give Chisa's unconscious form a kick but you shout out.

"Please don't!" Your cry temporarily stuns Junko and she puts her foot back down.

Junko instead looks over to you, her eyes dead as she makes her way over to you. "Do you want to take her place?" Her voice is monotonous as she grabs your chin and pulls your face up. You can't bring yourself to say anything as Junko uses her free hand to trace your jawline with her claw like nail. It digs in to your flesh slightly. You bite on your tongue as your resolve starts to waver.