Forlorn Mechanics Cause Many Problems

"You can call me (Y/N), you know..." You sigh, looking over to Nidai who is digging into his own lunch as if he hasn't eaten in years. "Why were you looking for me?" You add, once the team manager has finished his food. "Masaru hasn't done anything stupid, has he?" Nidai shakes his head, relief flowing through you. Ever since the Ultimate Team Manager offered to coach your younger brother, he turned up to lessons and never skipped school. It was like a gift from God.

"Nah, he's a good kid!" You nod lightly, turning to look over at Hajime who is shuffling awkwardly in his own seat whilst looking at his watch.

"Are you ok?" You ask, your eyes widening in realisation. "Oh sh*t, you're going to be late!"

You jump up, only to have Nidai grab onto your elbow, preventing any further movement. "(Y/N)-san, I do need to speak with you..." He informs, a serious expression crossing his face. You gulp, a little intimidated by the man. "I will meet you at the school gates in three hours."

"S-sure, Nekomaru-san." You reply, shaking your arm free. Nidai laughs loudly before taking his leave, allowing you to lead Hajime out of the building. "You know, we didn't really get to talk, did we?" You state, laughing slightly.

Hajime rubs the back of his head a little, letting out a light chuckle. "We really didn't." After a couple of minutes you manage to locate the bush where Hajime's black blazer is located whilst Hajime removes Komaeda's.

"We should meet up and have a proper talk." You propose, taking the blazer off of his hands and slipping it on. Hajime nods in agreement, straightening his tie and putting his own darker blazer on.

"Sure, I'm free this weekend..." He suggests, watching as you pull a pen out of your pocket and grab his hand. You proceed to scribble down your phone number, making sure that it is at least legible.

"Cool, text me with a place and time." You reply, placing the pen back into your pocket. Hajime looks stunned before smiling at you; his face seems lighter than earlier, happier.

"I will!" He responds, not sure of what to do and so he stays rooted to the spot as you turn to go back to the school. You give him one last parting glance, grinning at him.

"If you keep standing there, you'll be late..." You taunt as he springs into action, running towards the Reserve Course building. "Idiot." You whisper whilst giggling, not noticing the person walking towards you.

"Oh, (Y/N)-chan!" They call, causing your focus to snap up to their face. You immediately recognise the long blonde hair that is perfectly neat and wonder filled eyes. "I require your assistance." She explains, clasping her hands together.

You walk over to the princess, one of the few students who would show up to class daily allowing you to have a couple of decent conversations. "What would you like me to do, Sonia?" You ask, noticing a flash of pink hair in the distance.

"A certain... cretin... has been following me, and I would like some alone time." She explains, probably meaning Soda stalking habit which has developed rather quickly. You laugh a little at her phrasing as Soda heads over; his eyes locked on the princess.

"Of course I can help." You reply, before adding on; "You may want to start running..."

At your words, the princess starts to walk away at a rather fast pace leaving you to deal with the forlorn mechanic who seems to ignore your presence. "Why does she do this to me?" He mutters to himself, pulling his beanie down over his eyes.

"You do come off a little strong." You suggest, placing a hand on his shoulder. The mechanic simply shrugs it off, turning to face you.

"Why would you know?" He asks, a slight harshness in his tone.