Drabble - Killian Jones "Normalcy"

"Come on, this can't be? We need to do something! If this continues like this, we're all going to be dead, and I'm not going to let that happen?" It had taken a while, but you finally stopped talking, turning towards Killian and waiting for what he would say. He was experienced in things like that. He would know a solution...

"Have a biscuit, Y/N...", he just said, offering you the plate that had been standing on the table.

"Have a... what?", you frowned. Of course you had understood what he was saying, it was just the last thing you had expected to hear. A brilliant plan, maybe. Concern. Maybe even him disregarding you, but not this. Although it came pretty close.
"I thought you drank rum, not eat cookies..."

He started to laugh.
"I never said I was going to eat one too, love..." He took out his hipflask, showing you he had something stronger ready.
"I'm just offering you one. It looks like you need it."

You eyed the flask, suddenly finding that a pretty good alternative.
"I'd rather have something strong...", you said that. "And a solution for saving the town as well. Because eating something is not suddenly going to solve everything I just told you."

"No... I'm not sharing.", he smiled with that unbearable smirk of his. "And we're going to search for a solution... my experience is just by now that rushing into something is not going to help any of us." He held up the plate again, until you didn't have a choice and took one, even when it was only to satisfy him.

"Now what?" You sat down, understanding he wouldn't run of with you to face the bad guys and started nibbling. Somehow he had been right... it felt better like this. It felt halfway normal again.

"Better?", he asked and you nodded as a reply.
"Listen... I know it is bloody tempting to storm everyone and play the hero and I have done that several times in the past. It is just never going to work. We are going to gather everyone who has something to lose in this, and together we will find a solution. We have never failed yet. We will not fail now.