Advent Event - "You're a pain in the ass" - Chloe Decker

"Oh, come on Chloe... it's been ages since we've been out drinking! Just put aside that file, you've stared at it long enough!" You decided to take the fate into your own hands and just took the papers she'd been staring at for at least an hour and held it out of her reach."

"Hey! I wasn't done with those yet! I need to finish that by tomorrow. You can't just..." She stood up, trying to take them back from you, but you were faster than she was. Always had been, actually.

"Take them? Because I just did." You grinned, still busy with some kind of silly dance to stay out of Chloe's reach. "Sometimes it works to leave them for a moment and look at them afterwards. You're not gonna find anything in them that you wouldn't have found in the last hours. Been there, done that. I'm doing this for your own good. Just... go get your coat, Dan is here for Trixie, I'm taking you out. No is not an answer." Not tonight, at least. You had gotten too many no's in the past few weeks, you had barely seen your friend. That had to change.

Chloe did stop chasing you though. Some of your words did ring true, apparently. "Fine. Let me put those where they belong and then we'll go. I can't believe you actually called Dan over this!" She grabbed the papers out of your hand and you looked suspiciously, but she did put them back in the file that she put in her bag, before retrieving her coat.

"I could have called Lucifer, but I don't think you want him babysitting.", you teased Chloe.

"O god, no. I don't trust him around Trixie at all. I mean, she seems to like him, but..."

You broke her off immediately. "You like him too. But that's not the point tonight. Tonight, it's just going to be you, me, cocktails, music..." You grinned when you stepped outside. "Come on, the uber is here already!" You opened the door and waited until Chloe got in as well.

While you were driving there, your hand went to her hair, wanting to pull out the elastic band Chloe of course still had in, only to be stopped by her hand closing around yours. "What the hell do you think you're doing?", she said, almost panicking.

You looked at her. "Relax, ok? You know... I really don't even care that you're still wearing jeans and a shirt when you go out with me, but come on... the pony tail really has to go. Just let your hair down for one night?" You cocked your had and looked at her with begging eyes. "Please? For me?"

That made Chloe laugh. She pulled out the band herself, letting her hair fall over her shoulders. "Fine. Because you ask that nicely." Then she frowned while she put the band around her wrist. "You're a pain in the ass, you know that? But I love you for it."