Advent Event - "Maybe those wings are worth it" With Lucifer Morningstar

"What the hell did I just see?" You still couldn't believe it. Having someone around who kept telling he was the devil impersonated was one thing. You could laugh about that. It was funny. It was the start of a lot of good –and less good- conversations, especially after a few drinks. But to actually see the devil in all his glory? That was something completely different. What was the most shocking part might be that you could actually be talking about the glory of the devil. Lucifer had been handsome, that was something that was sure, but there was something about those wings that just made him gorgeous. Not that you had a lot of time to think about that. The bullets were still flying on the roof where you were hiding behind a small wall, and you were trying your best not to get hit.

And you were afraid Lucifer was not going to survive it. No, the devil might not be able to die, but there was no way someone could raise from that hail of bullets and be unharmed, was there? You carefully tried to look in Lucifer's direction, but ducked again when another bullet came in your direction. It was taking long, too long... but when silence finally fell, you dared to move again. You were scared for what you were going to see. You were scared that all that would be left of the man you started caring about so much would be the feathers of the wings he had only dared to show to you tonight. You were scared that now you were finally ready to tell him what you felt, he would have disappeared. Died.

You almost started to cry when the first thing that you saw were the familiar brown eyes that you had seen time and time again when you had gotten drunk in Lux. The pair of eyes that had looked down on you when you had shared a dance. The pair of eyes that had mocked you so often, but also had welcomed you after a night of sleep when you had no idea who to go to but Lucifer. "You came back!", was the first thing that you could say. It sounded stupid, after everything that had happened, but you couldn't help it.

He reached for your hand and pulled you on your feet, wrapping you into an awkward embrace you hadn't expected of him. He wasn't the hugging type, but something on that roof had changed everything. "I promised, didn't I? I do not break my promises." He was silent for one moment, before he continued talking. "I just feared there wouldn't be anything left of you to come back to and that thought nearly drove me insane."

You nested yourself against his chest, even when you were dying to see if he was hurt somewhere. The feeling of being safe in his arms was however something you didn't want to let go of. "I was afraid you'd be gone. That someone would have..." You didn't want to continue the thought.

He let go of you, carefully, and you stepped back. He shook his head. "I'm not that easily killed, I'm immortal, remember? If something were to kill me, it's definitely not those crude human weapons. I'm not as fragile as you are." The familiar faint grin appeared on his face again.

"So you really are...? Those wings... I didn't imagine them?" You found it hard to bring them up. It almost sounded too ridiculous to be true, even when only a few moments before those wings had protected you from being killed.

"Unfortunately, those wings are very real. Not for lack of trying to get rid of them, though." Lucifer sounded almost angry, as if those wings were a personal insult to him. "But yes, I am in fact the devil, as I have been trying to tell you for ages already. And maybe, just maybe it was worth having these wings if that is what saved your life tonight."