Advent Event - Watching his first Disney movie with Corey Bryant

"Wait a minute..." You widened your eyes and dropped your jaw while shaking your head. "You've never ever seen a Disney movie in your entire life?" You had to admit that you were a little baffled. Or maybe more than just a little. "How is that possible? How did you manage to avoid them? Are your parents in some sort of cult that forbids Disney movies? How can this happen?"

Corey shrugged and he bit his lip. "I've just never seen one. I don't really know why. It just never happened." His voice is soft, almost breakable and you reach for his hand to lead him to your endless pile of DVD's.

"Pick one." You gesture at the organized chaos. "Any one. I promise you're gonna love it!" You bounced on the tips of your toes and stared at him while your heart hammered in your chest.

At first you had been afraid that Corey would be one of those guys hating Disney, thinking it was just for little girls dreaming to be princesses. And even though you were quite shocked that he had never seen a Disney movie in his entire life, the excitement now rushed through your veins reaching the tips of your fingers and toes.

"This one?" Corey closed his eyes and grabbed a DVD without even looking at it.

"O!" You clapped your hands before you took the DVD from him and almost ran to the DVD player. "That's the perfect pick for a first one! And you know what's even funnier?" You looked over your shoulder and waited for the DVD player to open.

If you had had a little more money you would have gotten a blu-ray player long ago already, but you weren't rich and had never been. So, as long as the cheaper DVD's would still come out and your old player was still working, you'd spend what little you earned on the DVD's and not on the equipment.

"No?" Corey shook his head. "What is it?"

"It has a character who's a lot like you in it!" You put the disc in the player and then you sat down in the couch and patted the place next to you. As soon as Corey sat down too you wrapped an arm around his shoulders and pressed him tighter to you chest. "Pascal is amazing. He's cute and funny and he can make himself sorta invisible too by changing the color of his skin."

Corey swallowed, but he produced a little smile. "He's a talking chameleon, I guess?"

"Talking?" You furrowed your eyebrows. "O! No, not all animals in Disney movies talk. They always have a personality and a characterization, but they don't always talk. Pascal doesn't talk." You pressed the play button and hummed along when the well known Disney tune echoed through your cozy living room.

"Okay..." Corey relaxed a little and he stared at the screen.

After just a few minutes he started smiling. After half an hour he was laughing out loud. After an hour he was softly humming along, just like you did. And as soon as the movie was over he let out a loud sigh and reached for the remote control.

"Can we go back to that one song in the tavern? I liked that." He searched through the menu until he found the right scene and pressed play. "Do you want to know what my dream was before I met you?" He turned towards you and you looked up at him while biting your bottom lip. "Finding someone I could be myself with and who would love me anyway."

You pressed the palm of your hand to his cheek and gently your lips brushed his. "I hope you know you can find a new dream now, Corey."