Advent Event - Christmas Morning with Elena Gilbert

"Hmm..." You stood still in the doorway leading to the kitchen of the Salvatore house. The air was filled with the lovely smell of fresh baked Christmas cookies and Elena wore a pretty black dress that barely reached her knees. "What a perfect way to start Christmas." You wrapped your arms around her and pressed a soft kiss on her head. "Did you sleep well?" You stepped back again and Elena turned around, a giant smile on her face.

"How could I not sleep well when you're sleeping next to me?" She wrapped her arms around your neck and her lips kissed yours as if she hadn't seen you in a very very long time. "Your parents aren't coming over, are they?"

You shook your head.

It had not been easy to convince your parents to stay at home. Christmas was a family thing, after all, and they wanted to celebrate it with you and your girlfriend. But coming here to Mystic Falls would be dangerous, too dangerous.

And the last thing you needed was being worried about your parents ever making it back home.

"Good..." Elena spoke softly and she kissed your slightly parted lips once more. "Stefan and Caroline invited us for dinner tonight. I told them we had other plans already." She stepped back and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "It will be just me and you this year, just like we wanted."

You smiled back at her and thought about the last time the two of you had attempted to have some quality time together. For some reason you couldn't come up with a date that had actually worked out as planned.

There had always been something happening, someone happening.

It had been Klaus or Katherine.

It had been witches or werewolves.

It had been Damon getting in trouble or Jeremy making a mess of things.

And even though every moment with Elena was better than not being with her at all, you hoped that for once everyone would behave.

It was Christmas. Wasn't this the time for a seize fire? If the soldiers in world war one could do it, why couldn't they?

"You're not planning on standing in the kitchen all day to cook a meal no one but me will taste, right?" You stared at the pots and pans and the open refrigerator. "I was actually hoping we could just lay on the couch and watch some Christmas movies."

Elena cocked her head. "You weren't planning on ordering take away, were you?" She raised her eyebrows. "Just because we're spending it with the two of us, doesn't mean we should just act like it's a normal day like any other."

You chuckled. "Our normal days aren't exactly normal. Being able to watch Christmas movies and order take away without a monster storming in and attempting to kill either us or one of our friends, that would be an extraordinary special day."

"We're not ordering take away." Elena spoke firmly, but she crossed her arms over her chest and smirked. "But if you help me with the cooking now, we can spend the afternoon watching movies before actually eating the dinner tonight."

"Deal!"

"And with helping I mean actually helping. Not already eating half of the food."

"I'd never do that." You stole a piece of bread and put it in your mouth. "I'd never eat only half of it."