Chapter 9

Every day was a day to plan for my party. It was the most stressful thing I've ever had to do. Luckily I had a ton of help, there was always a voice in my head saying "Did you do this? "Did you do that?" "Don't forget this!" "Are you sure about that?" It was absolutely annoying! I sat down by the kitchen table and just thought about how much work my wedding would be, if just a small party is this much work I can't imagine a full wedding.. If I even get married. I was never the girl who had their wedding planned since a child, that just wasn't me. It was more of a thing that Julie would do.  I honestly never would've thought of who'd I'd marry. I don't think anyone would marry me, I'm just weird and not a girl people want to kiss on the first date or show them off to their friends.

But the day arrived, my sweet 16, it was going to be epic. A ton of my family members were going to come and a whole bunch of friends from school, although I barely could say they were my friends since I only see them in school. My dad, Alfie, Tracy, and a few others left early to decorate for the party while Julie and I got ready.

"Ooo this is so exciting, are you excited?" She asked

"Very, I really hope everybody enjoys it."

"Honey we will."

"I just really wanted to jokers to come or atleast Murr."

"That would be sweet but you know how busy they are. Next time okay?"

"I guess."

I've messaged Murr about this party frequently so he wouldn't forget but just last night he said he couldn't make it and it broke my heart. I knew it was too good to be true. I threw on my dress and stared at myself in the mirror. Yup this looks good on me.... first time I'll say that. I then curled my hair and started to do my makeup.

"Winged or normal?"

"Uhm winged! It's your sweet 16, go all out! And fake eyelashes too!"

"That won't look too stupid?"

"Heck no. I'd do it to myself but I'm afraid I'd upstage you."

"Funny."

When I finally finished it was about 3:00 which was when the party was supposed to start. Julie and I had been waiting for Tracy for so long. She was never late, and never forgot anything. Why wasn't she here?

"I'm really scared, what if something happened?" I started to panic

"Nothing happened relax."

I sat down on the curb and started to play with the little pebbles on the side. I really wished my mom was here, a big party for a girl is where she needs her mom the most and it's days like this where I just would like to see her face so I'd know everything would be fine. Suddenly a car pulled up and flashed its lights at our eyes. It was a limo.

"Samantha Brooks?" asked the driver

"Yup that's me."

"I'm here to pick you up for your sweet 16."

"Dude a limo!?" asked Julie as we got into the back seat.

"How did we afford this? Who even did this?"

"I don't know but look there's candy!" Julie dropped a few M&M's into her mouth.

As we arrived at the place I followed Julie and then stopped.

"I can't do this."

"What do you mean? You look great!"

"No... I can't go in there smiling and saying that everything's fine, when it's not. Nothing's fine. My mom should be here!" I started to cry.

"No, Sam your makeup!" She took out a tissue from her bag and sat down on the bench outside.

"I just miss her."

"I know, she's up there being proud of you and she'd want you to enjoy this. Please people are waiting."

I sniffled and checked myself in my phone camera to clear some smudged eyeliner. I then walked in to where everybody started to cheer and gather around me to take pictures. Honestly the place looked incredible, I don't know how we pulled this off. The food table was filled, as was the present table, the lights and decorations were on point, the DJ was playing amazing music, people were dancing and taking picture at the photo booth, and everybody seemed happy. I was happy for the most part. I went up to my dad.

"Dad...I'm extremely grateful this happened and could not ask for anything more. Thank you so much." I hugged him

"No problem honey. After this party, I have some good news."

"No dad come on tell me now."

"I think it should wait." He moved to another table

I was pulled onto the dance floor. It was fun, we did all sort of dances including the cotton eyed joe and Macarena. By the time the cake came out and I was about to do the 16 candles, the lights went out.

"What's happening?" I asked, there was no answer. I was pushed to the side and onto what I decided was a chair. I tried to make out people and move my arms around but there was no use. Did we lose power?

"Dad? Julie?" I whispered

Suddenly a giant spot light shined on me. Now I was actually blinded, my vision slowly returned after awhile and then my dad came out with a microphone.

"We were going to do 16 candles but I have decided that the opening of gifts would be now, well atleast just one of mine." he said

The light moved from me towards the door. What was going on? Is this the good news my dad was keeping from me? I don't think I even deserved anything after this party, all these surprises were too much and I'm sure we couldn't afford it all, I was excited though, maybe whatever this is won't cost us at all. Everyone's eyes moved towards the door to where 4 men walked out, these were the guys who I never expected to come, who were my world, they inspired me and kept me smiling, they were the Impractical Jokers.