Chapter 14

Class after class, I finally made it to lunch. I had absolutely no friends yet here so I had no where to sit. I bought myself a turkey sandwich and got water and went and found myself a quiet hallway to sit in. I texted Julie.

"Lunch time and I'm sitting in the hallway alone."

"Aw I really wish I could come and keep you company."

"Honestly me too."

I finished eating my sandwich and decided to roam the halls. Some kids were doing extra work in classes. Suddenly I ran into a teacher.

"Lunch's not over is it?" He asked

"No." I blushed

"Then why are you up here? Are you going to see a teacher?"

"No I uhm.. didn't want to stay in the lunch room."

"Well go back." He pointed towards the lunch room.

I've never had teachers force me to stay in a room before. It's only lunch, it's a break. Why does it matter where I eat? I stumbled back towards the lunch room and sat in the corner, once again alone. Everyone was sitting and talking and laughing. Except for me, I wish I had some friends. The bell finally rung and next period began. When it was the end of the day, I met up with Alfie outside and walked back home together.

"So how was your first day?" I asked

"I met this girl who likes Dinosaurs!" he said

"So you have a friend now?"

"Yeah, she's really cute."

"Atleast you talked to somebody. I ended up sitting alone during lunch."

"Sam it's only the first day and besides you go to high school. It's harder."

"Not really, not back home."

"Usually the city has spoiled people."

"Like you?" I giggled

"Yes like me."

We entered the apartment building and to my surprise I found Ryan sitting by the front desk. How did he get here that quick? Maybe he drove, but there's still a ton of traffic. I actually wonder how you can do drivers ed in the city. Back home it was easy since there wasn't so much traffic.

"Samantha?" He asked and came up to me

"Oh hi." I nudged Alfie to head upstairs

"What are you doing here?"

"I live here. What about you?"

"Yeah same."

"Oh cool. Why are you down here then?"

"Waiting for somebody."

"Okay. Uhm so I'm gonna head up, see you tomorrow then?"

"Yeah see ya!"

I blushed and ran up the stairs towards my apartment. I hit Murr on the way up.

"Is this our official greeting now?" He laughed

"Oh damn it sorry."

"Is someone chasing you? Why are you running?"

"It's been a long day." I half smiled

"So the first day wasn't fun was it?"

"I sat alone and talked to nobody."

"Maybe tomorrow you'll meet 3 people who end up being your best friends for life that you have a show with."

"I wish. Oh Uhm I think I met your nephew, in fact he's downstairs."

Murr's eyes widened and he smiled.

"Oh yea thank you." He quickly walked down stairs

Every time we talk about Ryan, he gets all weird and leaves. I guess he's just weirded out how a fan is going to the same school as a celebrity's nephew and lives across the hall from the celebrity. Yeah if that was me I'd lock my doors and jump out the window and run. I sighed and entered the apartment.

"Look!" said Alfie sitting on the couch. The tv's were all hung up and even a PlayStation was connected to it. Since when have we had a PS4?

"Wow!" I smiled and sat down next to him.

"Dad even bought some killing games. He never allowed that before!

The door swung open, dad walked in with a big smile on his face, we ran to hug him.

"Thanks for the PS4!" I said

"Your welcome! How was school?"

"First day wasn't as good. I didn't make any friends." I said

"You will tomorrow, I promise. What about you Alfie?"

"I met a girl." He said

"Is she a nice girl?"

"Yes! She's so nice."

"Dad not to be rude but why are you here?"

"They give me breaks at different times sometimes, so this is technically my lunch break."

I looked at the clock, it was 2:30pm.

"So any homework?"

"I got none." said Alfie

"Nope." I shook my head

"Oh good. Keep me company while I eat." My dad patted the kitchen counter.

"How was work?" I asked

"It was good, everyone's friendly, oh and I ran into James in the hallway."

"Yeah that's gonna happen." I laughed

"Weird how I bought you tickets to see him once and now you see him everyday!"

"Well you bought tickets to see his live show with his 3 other friends."

"Yeah but call me butter cause I'm on a roll though! I have great senses, who would've thought buying you meet and greet would get you to text the guy and then live across from him? I'm just great."

"You sure are. I love you." I smiled

"Hey kids. Wanna go rollar skating?" asked Tracy coming into the room

"Yes!" said Alfie and I in unison

"Great. the park is open so lets go!"

"But dad's here." said Alfie

"I'm just finishing up, go on."

Alfie and I ran into our rooms to get dressed.

I put on black jeans, a thin long sleeve shirt, I laced up my black converse and grabbed my phone.

"Hey!" It was a text from Julie

"Hey I'm going rollar skating in a bit."

"Lucky! I wanna go!"

"Come then."

"You know I would if I could."

"I miss you Julie."

"I miss you too Sam. I miss Sal, tell Murr to have him come back!"

"I'm not best friends with Murr, I see him every now and then."

"Every now and then, for god sakes he lives across the hall!"

"So you think I stare at his door through the peep hole waiting for him to walk In and out?"

"Uhm yes."

"lol I love you bye."