Chapter 11

I wiped away my tears and just sat, thinking. I really did not want to leave, I hate change. I've had to change so much when my mom died. I became the woman of the house. Tracy always was around but I still had a major responsibility and I had to take care of Alfie. I had to grow up more quickly than other kids, I couldn't have fun, I always thought of the consequences and the future. I couldn't take risks, I knew mom wouldn't be proud if I did something stupid. That's why I never had alcohol in my life, I swear I'm gonna end up being the only person that's never tasted alcohol, I've also never smoked anything. I've been offered both but I don't find the appeal, I guess that's good. I want her to be proud of me because she's living through me and she wouldn't want me to abuse her. It was both a positive and negative, sometimes I wished I could live life instead of having such a mature mind all the time.

Maybe mom wanted to move, see a new view, maybe she'd be happier. I guess I have to suck it up either way because it doesn't matter. What my dad wanted was going to happen. I took a deep breath and then my phone went off. Ugh. It's probably somebody just wishing me a happy late birthday or how they were sorry they didn't make the party. I cleaned up my face a bit before picking up the phone.

"Loved the party. Thanks again for the invite. Tell me how the move goes. :-)"

I smiled, it was a message from Murr. He could always make me happy and had the best timing, because whenever I'm down I'd get a message from him. It was creepy but sweet.

"No problem! I'm glad you came. I really don't want to go but I will suck it up." I quickly typed.

"That's the spirit! Joking but it won't be as bad as you think."

"I really hope not."

I sat there waiting for a reply for 10 minutes, I really hated how we couldn't talk for super long but I still loved anything he said. I sometimes wished he was younger or I was older. That way we could legally date. Ugh life sucks. Listen to me now, I sound like an obsessed teenage girl who's hopelessly in love with a famous person. I mean... I kinda was.

Weeks went by and it was the day of the move. Luckily we convinced Tracy to sell her place as well and just live with us. The apartment in the city had just 4 rooms so it was perfect, and 2 bathroom, which one was connected to my Dad's room. I had my dad explain every detail to me before we even started packing, just so I'd have a good idea of what was going to happen.

"So I guess this is it." said Julie

"I guess so. I'll FaceTime you everyday!"

"You better, and if there's any hot guys let me know. I'll visit you ASAP."

"Wow for the hot guys!?" I rolled my eyes

"No... and for you of course!" She laughed

"I wish you could come with me. I'm really nervous about the city. It always seemed dangerous to me."

"Well Murr lives there and he seems perfectly fine."

"Yeah but he probably lives in the safe side. I just don't want to go to a new school. I know absolutely no one."

"You're likable. You'll have friends in no time. People better than me."

"They may be better but they're not you." I joked

"I'm gonna miss you." She hugged me, I was about to cry before getting inside the car and driving off.

Hours later we arrived in the city, and to no surprised TRAFFIC. God I hated this already. I've been to the city multiple times to see the rockettes and the tree and to go ice skating and every time it's full of honking and people not following the rules. There were cars everywhere! Not to mention the noise, this bothered me. As we slowly moved on the street, I noticed hobos sleeping on the side, I felt bad. Maybe being here I can walk by and give them some food or change or something. Anything helps if they save it up. I could be that girl that make a difference.... yeah right like a 16 year old can do that.

"Oh my god! The toy store is right there. Can we go?" asked Alfie

"No we can go another day." said my dad

"Tell me we will live close to it."

"Actually we do. The apartment is just a few blocks away. You'll love it Sam."

"Are you sure? Because if I don't I'm gonna live with the hobos. They look happy."

"Yeah very happy." Alfie rolled his eyes

"I know a new place, new school, new friends, is very difficult but you'll love it. I always saw you as a city girl. And with this job I'll be able to take you out more. Visit the whole city."

"But dad we've been here so many times."

"Yeah but we can do so much more here, it's the city that never sleeps! There's infinite possibilities and not to mention Impractical Jokers come here to shoot their show all the time, yeah that's right I pay attention." I laughed.

"Okay you got me with the Impractical Jokers stuff. Hopefully I'll run into them one day."

"I have no doubts that you will. Remember endless possibilities."

"Yes dad. I know."

We pulled up to an apartment and Tracy took Alfie to go and unlock it. I helped dad with the boxes. There were so many, it would take us a whole day to do this. Our apartment was on the 3rd floor which wasn't that bad but we still took the elevator because stairs were a lot of extra work we didn't need right now. As I was walking to enter the new place, someone had bumped into me. I dropped everything.