A longing for Freedom

*Marinette's POV*

As the number of days till the ball disappeared one by one, I felt myself growing anxious. In fact, my normal habits were starting to change, no longer would I sleep in late or be the last one to breakfast, tea breaks and dinner. Now, I would always get up way before all the other guests. Of course the servants were always up but none of the guests were. One day I decided to check out the castle garden, but the maids grew upset that I wasn't still sleeping, "too early" they said. So now when I wake up, I lay in bed for an hour or two waiting for breakfast to be ready.

Five days till the ball

Adrien and I haven't really talked like the first day I came. I have seen him, usually we say "good morning" and "hi" before we go do our own duties. Since I have no duties, I am forced to socialize with the other guests until the next meal.

My mom has been helping me stay sane, so has Tikki. Tikki usually stays in my room with the cookies I ask the maids to get me.

However, no matter how much help I have, I feel cooped up in the castle. The servants keep the guests inside so no harm comes to them. Even though there are tons of guards throughout the castle grounds and s huge wall around the entire castle grounds. The only entrance is the carriage entrance at the bottom of the long stairs. I can't go home, but I need to get out. Maybe a little sneaking out can help.

Four days till the ball

Tonight I'm going to do it! I'm going to sneak out. I didn't do it last night because I thought I'd do some spy work. You know.. finding a way out. I decided on using the alter ego. But once I made it to the town, about a ten minute walk from the castle, I would release my transformation. I needed to get ready; I put extra cookies in a pink purse with a flower design on the front (Marinette's usual purse) that I made a while ago. I changed from the dress I wore today to a half black and half maroon dress that stopped at the knees with black pants that stopped just below the knees and black flats. I decided to wear a black cape with a hood over my outfit as to not draw attention.

 I decided to wear a black cape with a hood over my outfit as to not draw attention

(The dress she's going
into the town with. Anyways back to the story!)

I decided not to go out the window because it was way to far down (three stories)! I was not going to climb down 30 feet. I put a pillow under the bed sheets and made sure my black cloak covered me enough as I crept down the stairs and towards the castle doors. Surprisingly easy task. I wanted to shout in delight! It was too easy! I was thrilled, maybe I would get some freedom after all. Luckily, my mom and some other guests were having a late night chat in one of the rooms located in the far side of the castle. And I knew she wouldn't find out I was gone because she rarely ever disturbed me if she saw 'me' sleeping.