A Halloween Ball P.1

"Hear ye! Hear ye! The King Gabriel and the Dauphin are ecstatic to present news of a grand costume ball taking place tomorrow night!" The royal announcer hollered. After the last ball, which was a fail due to the akuma, Adrien's father had been advised by royal advisors that it was a good idea to throw another ball. This time, with more security and a touch of Halloween spirit.

All the Royal guests listened to the announcement during breakfast. Marinette could hardly keep calm; a million thoughts on what she should be raced through her head, and of course, she would definitely have to make the costume herself. After much thinking, the blue-haired girl finally settled her mind on being a witch.

Around her, Marinette could hear the chatter of other excited princesses. One sickly voice rose above the rest, capturing everyone's attention; Chloe.

"Everyone! I have chosen to be a weak, puny little peasant." The girl laughed. A few laughed with her. Marinette felt anger rise up in her, she would not let Chloe get away with such a terrible thought.

"Chloe, you know royals obtain their power from these 'puny peasants'. A princess who believes her people don't play a role in her power, does not deserve to be queen at all." This statement got a round of nods and applause from the others. Marinette could see the pride rise in her mothers eyes and it made the girl happy. Marinette's mother always told her she made the woman proud.

Chloe, however, was not happy, but taking her breathing practices seemed to settle her down. The rest of breakfast was quiet and Marinette finished and excused herself to work on her costume.

Tikki greeted her as she walked into her chambers. Marinette greeted back and started sketching and gathering materials for her witch costume.

Meanwhile, Adrien was being fitted for his own costume. He decided on being a vampire, much to his father's dismay. The king hadn't wanted the informal ball in the first place, but Adrien and many advisors had reasoned it was a good idea; the strongest point being that it would hopefully take attention off the last ball.

As Adrien stood still while the tailor measured and fixed the pants, shirt and cloak, his mind was off. A certain spotted heroine occupied his thoughts. He remembered their encounter, and how she defeated the akuma, she was   incredible! the blonde thought.

"Your highness! Stand up straight."

"Oh, sorry!" Adrien flushed in embarrassment. If he acted like this in front of his father, he would definitely get a punishment; but he couldn't get his new love out of his mind.

The whole castle was busy preparing and the sudden frenzy was exciting. Coaches stood outside, ready to take royals out to shop. Servants raced the halls with decorations and many more prepared the grand ballroom. Marinette and her mother seemed to be the only guests in the castle, but they soon left to the shops to buy more materials once their supply had finished.

This left Adrien alone. His father was busy with work and everyone else was either gone or working on the party.

Adrien suddenly remembered his superhero life. That would give him something to do, but Plagg was asleep. No worries! The boy thought. He brought out a piece of cheese and the black kwami immediately rushed to the scene.

"My.. My deliciousness!" Plagg cooed.

Adrien kept the cheese from his kwami until Plagg promised to let him transform.

Once the cheese was devoured, Adrien called out, "Plagg! Claws out!"

Within 15 seconds, he had fully transformed into Chat Noir. The hero jumped out the window and used his baton to take him into the village. There, he watched over the citizens and was happy to see the peacefulness. Everyone was in an exciting hurry, people rushed to shops and hurried to decorate homes with fake spider webs, and tombstones for Halloween. The holiday spirit brought a smile on Chat's face. A carriage captured the cat's attention. It was colored white on the bottom half and black on the top. Gold embroidered the corners and windows. Chat recognized the colors, it belonged the the Dupain's kingdom, Marinette. Chat stayed low and watched as the girl and her mother walked out of the shop with fabrics and thread. They loaded the supplies on top of the carriage with the help of their butlers. Despite Chat being well hidden, Marinette knew she was being watched by the cat. She pretended not to notice and stepped into the carriage. Chat wished she was alone so they could chat but he watched as her stagecoach ride off towards the castle. He couldn't wait to see what magnificent costume she had in store.
--
End of chapter.
Next chapter comes out soon! Yay! Halloween!