It's Over...

"Marinette?" Sabine called quietly. "You ready to go?"

The bluenette gave a soft smile and nodded. After telling her mother the story of last night, the queen understood why Marinette wanted to leave. Since the girl couldn't face Adrien, her mother announced their departure for her. Even though Marinette was leaving for the right reason, she still felt as if leaving made her look weak...

Nevertheless! She felt relieved and happy to be able to see her home again, and her father.

Marinette stepped into the carriage. The sky was still overcast with small contrasts of blue in the gray clouds. She still yawned from sleepiness but her  mother was already fully awake. The tired girl was almost inside the carriage when she heard a small voice behind her:

"Marinette! Wait!" Marinette turned around to find Adrien running over to her. When he reached her, he was out of  breath. "Marinette..."

"Calm down Adrien!" Marinette giggled. "Catch your breath." She found it surprisingly easier to talk with him, why? the girl had no clue..

Once he managed to calm down, he straightened up and frowned at her. "Why are you leaving?" He whispered.

Marinette didn't know whether to be angry or sad at this question, "Adrien. You know why." She managed a small smile, "It's better for us both."

Adrien's face grew troubled, he did know why and he understood. It was only accepting it that faced him.

The blue-haired girl wanted to lighten the mood. "Now! Go find your future wife. Don't worry yourself, we'll see each other at royal meetings!" She giggled while mocking a fancy Royal. Adrien laughed too. Good. A comfortable silence took over until the coachmen told them they had to leave soon.
"Well." Marinette started.
"I guess this is goodbye?"
"Only for now.. We'll have to meet up again when we get married, or when your having trouble finding a wife. I swear Adrien Agreste! I will interview every woman I see to help you!"
"Same for you Mari."

The two hugged each other and said their goodbyes. Adrien helped Marinette into the carriage. She looked through the door window and whispered one last time..
"Goodbye Adrien. Thank you for everything!"
The coachman signaled the horses to move, and Adrien's figure grew smaller and smaller.

The journey was long and tiring. There was nothing to do but look out the window. Which wasn't bad, but didn't distract the from a feeling she had.

Marinette's mother could tell something was up with her daughter. She could only guess, "You're still in love with him, aren't you?" Sabine questioned. Marinette stared back at her. "Oh Marinette." The queen whispered with a kind face. The woman looked as if she thought leaving was the best choice, but her eyes. They were filled with determination, they found a mission and weren't prepared to lose.
~~~
The trip soon ended and Marinette's castle came into view. They had to ride through a huge village which belonged to her kingdom and up a small hill to where her castle sat. As soon as the carriage rode through the gates and stopped at the large doors, Marinette hopped out and ran to her father inside.

"Papa!"
"Marinette? Oh!" Her father had been caught unaware. The girl hugged him tightly. "What are you doing back so early?"
"Trouble caught up." Sabine entered. "Hello dear!"
Happiness rose in Tom's eyes at the sight of his family, he had been alone for a while. Butlers began bringing suitcases and bags to rooms where maids would unpack them. Tom asked a chef to prepare dinner for his family. Until then, Marinette had an urge to see a close friend; Alya. The girl rushed to her room and began writing a letter immediately.

Dear Alya,
    I have returned from Adrien's castle and I know you'll want details and stories. Let's meet up soon and talk! By the way, how your marriage with Nino going? I want to catch up!
Take care,
~Marinette~

Marinette folded her letter and sealed it with red candle wax. She pressed a mold onto the wax ,which was her family symbol, before handing it to the kingdom's mailboy. She thanked him and went back to her room to check on Tikki. The kwami was happily snacking on some cookies that were stored in a secret box. Marinette warmly smiled and started to pass the time by designing dresses.
~~~
It's been a while since Marinette's carriage rode off. Adrien felt lonely after his friend left; there was no longer a cheerfulness to the castle. Adrien's other suitors bored him; they were always talking about money, or looks. Especially Chloe, she always hung around the prince and chased off any girls who talked him. Adrien always brought up sending Chloe home at Royal meetings with his privy council, but they always felt threatened by André Bourgeois, Chloe's father and a powerful King who most likely always got what he wanted. Adrien transformed into Chat at night to search Ladybug, but the Superheroine was nowhere to be found.
------
It had been days now since Marinette had left for home. Adrien never saw or heard of news about Ladybug. That seemed strange to the prince.

"Marinette left a few days ago... Ladybug hasn't been seen. This doesn't add up." Adrien questioned. He had fallen for the bug. And if his friend and crush were the same person? No, they can't be.... Can they? The facts would make sense if they were the same person though.

Adrien thought about it some more. After silently studying the facts in his head, the blonde sprang from his seat by the windowsill and ran through the castle towards the stables.
----
End of chapter.

I'm excited for the next chapter. What will happen? >:D muahahaha! 😂 Thanksgiving is coming soon so I'll probably write a chapter about that too, maybe. I'll find a way.

Anyways, thanks for reading!!