Holiday Party!

"Duke Nino and Duchess Alya." The guest announcer called.

The ballroom was filled with decorations: fancy chandeliers, mistletoe in secret places, giant wreaths on the walls, and many more. There was a huge space for dancing and tables of food were lined up to the side. Lots of dinner tables were spread out in the remaining spaces. A stage stood to the side of the dance floor where musicians played violins, pianos, harps, etc.

Butlers and maids walked around pouring wine and other drinks into guests' wine glasses.

Marinette wore a red dress with gold embroidery. She especially liked how the red and gold balanced each other out and were christmassy as well.

Adrien wore a fancy red coat with a white shirt underneath. He had black pants and smooth leather boots that stopped just underneath his knees.

Because Marinette was not a child anymore, she had to greet guests with her parents as they were announced into the ballroom. Thankfully for the princess, Adrien greeted guests with her.

"Welcome!" Marinette greeted Ivan and his family with a smile.

"This is an amazing party Marinette!" Adrien spoke beside her.

"Thanks. All credit to my parents though." She responded shyly.

Friends came from all over to celebrate; everyone except the Bourgeois of course.

Alya made sure to interact with every guest and spread the idea of "Adrienette".

"Hey doesn't Marinette and Adrien look like a cute couple to you? They're greeting guests like a King and Queen!" The duchess would say. And many would reply with a "yes!"

A moment later, guests no longer seemed to arrive. Which was fine because the ballroom was nearly filled anyway.

Guests danced to the orchestra's music, dined at tables, and chatted with each other. Marinette conversed with guests and made sure everything was going well.

"Hey Marinette!" Nino called.

"Nino!" Marinette greeted walking towards him. "How are you?"

"Everything's going well."

"Hey! I have someone I was to introduce you to!" Marinette remembered. She led the duke to where Adrien stood. He was calmly watching couples dance and enjoy the cheerful spirit.

"Adrien!"

"Marinette! Who's this?"

"Hi, I'm Nino." The duke introduced himself. Adrien introduced himself and shook Nino's hand.

"I'll leave you to it!" Marinette said. She continued to walk around.

"Your highness!" The party planner called. "The Christmas tree is being brought in. Where should we put it?"

"Mmmm. In a corner? That way people can see it but it won't get in the way." With that a beautiful, big Christmas tree was brought in and placed in a corner. Butlers and maids rushed in and placed presents underneath.

Marinette looked to find Adrien chatting excitedly with Nino. She was glad they hit it off.

Everything was going well; guests were happy and Christmas spirit filled the room. Just then:

"King Gabriel Agreste." The guest annnouncer spoke.

The musicians stopped for a moment; they quickly resumed realizing that stopping because of a guest's appearance was rude. However, people did not resume dancing and chatting. Everyone seemed uncomfortable and unsure what to do.