Disagreements from a Father

Birds chirped in the early morning. Some people would be annoyed- but Adrien woke up feeling extremely happy. He was certainly head-over-heals for a certain princess, and the moment they shared on Christmas night was enough for Adrien to become flustered all over again. He knew it was early- but seeing Marinette was all he wanted to do. If she was sleeping, then Adrien at least wanted to read quietly by her side. "That would be enough," the prince thought. He got dressed to leave; a loose, plain white shirt, black pants and brown boots. Plagg flew out of a desk drawer.

"Finally! You're awake," Plagg said sweetly. "Now give me cheese." He declared bluntly.

After feeding the kwami, Adrien left to Marinette's room with Plagg in his pocket.

He quietly opened his door and walked down the halls. He noticed portraits on the walls of the Dupain-Chengs. It gave the stone castle a nice feeling- a big contrast to the Agreste's kingdom. Adrien's castle's walls were barren and gray. The only portraits were of him and his father looking solemn. Only one portrait of his mother stood in his father's office. But Adrien couldn't focus on that when Marinette's door came into sight.

Just as Adrien was about to knock, Marinette opened the door.

She smiled and pulled him in.

"How'd you know I was outside?" Adrien questioned.

"Tikki sensed Plagg coming closer," the girl explained.

A red kwami flashed to Marinette and sat on her shoulder.

"Hi I'm Tikki!" The little kwami greeted.

"Hello! It's nice to-" Adrien started.

"Tikki!" Plagg shouted from the pocket. He raced to hug his friend- who he had not seen since the previous superheroes relinquished their miraculouses. Which was a long time ago.

The two kwamis sped off to a private area to catch up- leaving Adrien and Marinette alone.

Adrien hugged Marinette suddenly, he rested his head on hers. After a moment, Marinette hugged back.

"Marinette.." Adrien whispered. She hummed. "I can't- I won't go back to my kingdom without you."

"Adrien~," Marinette spoke. She felt the same way as him, but they had kingdoms to think of as well.

"Very well, I shall earn your hand in marriage! If you'd take me as your husband?" Adrien asked, he was determined to make this girl his wife, queen, and love for the rest of his life.

"Kitten, I'd marry you any day," she giggled.

"Great! It's settled," Adrien said, he broke the hug and placed a kiss on her lips. He pulled away with a smug look on his face. Marinette- determined to wipe the smirk off his face- pulled Adrien by the collar down to her level and gave him a kiss to remember.

"W-well princess! I-i b-better get going." Adrien stuttered. This girl had no idea what kind of effect she had on him.

Marinette stared as the boy walked out of her room, a sly smirk on her face.

"That cat." Marinette chuckled.

---

"Father!" Adrien called- walking into his father's office.

"Adrien?" Gabriel asked in a monotone voice.

"Father- I found the love of my life!"

"Son- don't talk like that. Is she queen material? Who is she?"