Prepare Your Forces- War is Coming

We rode home in reassurance. Rose accepted our offer and agreed to send troops as soon war approaches.

We had more soldiers fighting, but was it enough? No doubt, Chloe already had a large army, but was she gathering more? Did her pride and ego prevent her from asking help? Would others even help? Of course, her snobby, rich friends would always have her back, but would that be enough to conquer our army of friends?

There was one more person I wanted on my team: Alix. She would be hard to persuade, but she was a strong leader and could make a big difference. While I rode to Alix's kingdom, Rose was preparing to send troops. This would be one hell of a war.

We left to Alix's a few days ago, and had just arrived.

Her castle was heavily guarded by tough-looking soldiers. Stone walls surrounded the large, imitating castle. Only one big wooden gate allowed visitors to enter. We left our horses in the hands of butlers and followed another to wait in a guest room.

I paced back and forth; Alix wasn't one to send troops into battle so easily, she was very careful when planning and making alliances. That's why she's known as a strong leader.

Adrien had decided to stay back at my home and discuss strategies and "war talk" with the general. I now wished he came with me; my nerves bothered me despite my self pep-talk.

In a moment, the door swung open and Alix walked through, followed by soldiers, planners, officers, and others.

The girl walked to her seat and sat, she eyed me fiercely. I tried my best to seem strong.

"My good friend," I said with a slight bow. "How have you been?"

"I'm good," she spoke bluntly. "But, we're not here to discuss that. What do you want?"

"Alix, as you may know, my kingdom is about to engage in a war with the Bourgeois. I have come here to ask if we, my kingdom, can have your support?"

Alix sat silently, she appeared to be thinking.

"No."

"Alix, please? I need your help, the future of my kingdom may depend on you! What can I give you for some troops?"

"I don't want anything! I'm not helping you."

"Alix!" I started. "I am determined to get help, and I'm not leaving until I convince you to help me. Please, as a friend, can you reconsider?"

"Well, shall I prepare a chamber for you to move in?"

I stood in front of this girl; panting; desperately thinking how I can get help for my people.

"If not soldiers, then doctors, nurses, anyone who can help?"

At that moment, a bit of hope entered me as Alix whispered something into her commander's ear. They whispered back and forth. Alix finally turned back to me and spoke:

"I'll offer only 15 soldiers, and 5 doctors-in-training."

"Fifteen?" I questioned.

"Each one of my soldiers is trained to perfection. And every one fights with the strength of 100 men."

"I really appreciate your help, Alix!"

"Wait," She interjected. "I have something I want in return."

"Name it."

"When you and the soldiers you have, defeat Chloe Bourgeois, I want to raid her kingdom, destroy her rule, and I want your support doing it. However, if you lose, I want gold in the amount of a million, I want my doctors back either way, and I want compensation for any soldier I lose. Deal?"

"Deal. But, you should know,

I'm not going to lose."