Lost and Found

"Men! We will take them down! For Adrien!"

A crowd of soldiers applauded and cheered in response.

"Now! The King of the Agreste Kingdom; King Gabriel." The same man announced.

The king walked in front of his army. He began to speak. 

Marinette could see and hear them from the woods entrance. The horses patiently waiting beside her.

Marinette decided that it would be best to intervene now rather than later when the army was on their way to her home.

The princess mounted her horse and pulled Tobalt as she made her way to the king.

"King Gabriel!" She called. He turned to face her, a scowl on his face. "Why do you wage war on my kingdom? We don't have Adrien; nor do we know where he is."

Gabriel scoffed in disbelief. "I don't believe you!"

"I promise! We only found his horse."

At the king's command, a guard retrieved Tobalt from Marinette. Gabriel inspected the colt. "It is his horse."

"We haven't found Adrien. But my guards are searching for him." Marinette said trying to convince him. "We can work together to find him if that helps?"

Gabriel seemed to calm down. A sign of sadness and a longing for his son was shown in his face.

"Very well. We can discuss this further through messengers. Go home to your family, and happy holidays." Gabriel concluded. He excused himself back into the castle.

Marinette cheered silently inside. She had saved her kingdom and people from an unnecessary war. She froze thinking of her angry parents; "oh geez, I hope they're not too mad" she prayed.

With that, she began to ride back to her castle.

Nighttime came and the princess was halfway through her trip.

She decided to rest until morning. After tying her horse to a tree, she fell right asleep.
~~~~

She woke up tired; the sun was barely rising.

She heard leaves crunching nearby- followed by a startled whinny from her horse. Marinette grabbed a small knife she always kept in her saddle bag and quickly jumped up.

A man in a cloak was trying to lead her horse away- but Nefretari was stubborn and loyal to Marinette.

Quietly, the princess snuck up to the mysterious person and pulled the cloak hoodie off. It revealed short blond locks. The man turned around- Marinette's eyes bore into the man's emerald green ones.

Marinette dropped her knife and let out a scream, "ADRIEN!?"

Adrien threw his hand over her mouth, "shhh. They'll find us."

The princess stood in shock. Adrien cocked his head in confusion, a sly smirk on his face.

"What? Miss me?" He teased.

Fury filled Marinette, "Is this a joke to you?! Everyone's worried!"

"Were you?" He whispered quietly, looking down. His blond hair covered his face.

"What?" His words caught the girl off guard.

"Marinette, were you worried about me?" He asked looking up at her.

Relief filled her eyes with tears. Unable to speak- she nodded, and Adrien pulled her into a hug.

"I was so worried. I don't know what I would do if I hadn't found you!" She said through tears.