Chapter 26 (unconditional love)

Nathallie’s POV

Today is supossedly a happy day for me, why? Because today is my birthday, and this is the very first time I’m going to celebrate it without her, without my mom. I miss her so much, her cooking, her scent, the way she nags at me, her touch, her kiss, her every little sermon, everything about her. I miss her so much, I miss my mom.

A year ago

“mom I wont be home tonight, me and my mates are going to celebrate my birthday” i kiss her in her cheeks before going out of the house.

It was my 20th birthday.I decided not to have an extravagant party; I just want to be with my friends. Just with them. I didn’t think of celebrating it with my mom cause we always do celebrate my birthday together ever since. So for a change I’m not going to celebrate it today with her.

I was out the whole night to have a club party with my friends. We drink till we drop. Because of too muvh alcohol in my system I sleep at my friend’s house. A birthday celebration without my mom indeed.

The next morning I’ve received a message from my auntie saying mom was brought to the hospital. I hurridly go there without taking a bath.

“where is she?” I ask my auntie as I seen her outside the ICU. I quickly go inside and saw my mom lying in a white bed.

“mom” she cupped my face and brushed away the tears from my eyes.

“Nat, don’t be angry with your dad anymore. Let him be”

And that’s the last words from her, the last moment with her, the last birthday I wasn’t able to celebrate with her. If I only knew that it was my last birthday to celebrate with her, I should have known, I should have choce to be beside her until her last hours.

>Present day<

I regret not having my birthday celebration last year with her, if only she’s with me now I wont be doing this revenge thing, I wont be living at that jerk’s house. If ony she didn’t end up dying, I can be with Aki anytime. But like I care, all of this thing I’m doing right now is for her.

I was holding a bouqet of fresh flowers as I walked to her tumb. I brushed the leaves away and put the flowers down.

“ma, sorry, pero babaliin ko ang promise ko sayo. I can’t mom. I can’t live without you, kaya naman mas mabuti pang mamatay na din ang taong dahilan kaya andyan ka ngayon. Hindi ko hahayaang maging masaya sila habang ikaw, andyan at hindi man lang naranasan ang buhay ay dapat sayo. Yung bahay nilang malaki na yun? Dapat don tayo nakatira e, dapat tayo yung andon hindi sila. Ma, I’m sorry I can’t make your last wish come true. I wont let him live his life the way he wanted to. I won’t let his family be happy forever. I won’t let them mom, I wont”

“seeing you cry like that is something new” I wipe my tears and face him

“I miss you Nath” in one swift move I’m hugging him and crying all out. This thing is too much for me. I can’t take it anymore.

I felt his hand at my back, calmig me own. I felt safe in his arms.

“shhh I’m always here for you Nath” then he kiss me at my forehead

Aki’s POV

Today is Nathallie’s birthday, ayun sa pag-iimbistiga ko, the day after her birthday last year was the exact day when her mom died. Alam kong sa sementeryo ang punta niya ngayon, at hindi nga ako nagkamali. Pinagmsdan ko siyang maigi habang naglilitanya. Ramdam ko ang sakit na nararamdaman niya, ang pangungulila niya sa ina at ang galit sa amang nang-iwan sakanila. Sana, kung sana lang ay kaya kung ibsan lahat ng sakit sa puso niya ay nagawa ko na. Kaso wala e, tanging paghihiganti lang sa kanyang ama ang alam niyang magpapaligaya sakanya.