NaruYosu - Paint

To love oneself is to like oneself. To like oneself, you'd have to know oneself. To know oneself you'd have to learn about oneself. To learn about oneself you'd have to listen. Listen to their interests. Their desires. Their dreams. Listen to everything that makes them... Them.

Yosuga was an artist. She knew all the different aspects of art, and prided herself in her mastery of those aspects.

She stood looking at a blank wall in her apartment. It was nighttime, maybe a little past midnight. The lights were off, but the light from the moon that filtered in from the large window that took up most of the wall to her left provided her with just the light she needed.

Three cans of paint sat on the floor in front of her. The colors weren't anything special, just the primary colors: red, blue, and yellow. Their lids sat next to their respective cans, the paint ready to be used. Yosuga took a step foreword, dipping her hands into the yellow and red. Earbuds hung from her ears, soft music playing, acting as her muse.

Bringing her hands up, she dragged them across her canvas. Using her hands as paint brushes, she created swirls with the paint, mixing the colors and creating waves and seemingly random patterns. She dipped her hands again before slapping them onto the wall.

"Yosu-chan?" A tired voice spoke from her right. Yosuga didn't hear it. Naruto sighed, walking up next to her and pulling out an earbud. Yosuga jolted in surprise, turning to look at him. "It's one in the morning."

"I had an idea." Yosuga spoke, turning back to her canvas. Naruto also turned to it, squinting his eyes.

"You had to carry out that idea on our wall?" He mumbled before shrugging with a sigh. "Well it's nice..." He dipped his hand in the blue paint and wiped it on the wall, mixing it with the red. "But I think it needs some purple." He looked down at Yosuga who watched him paint. She smiled.

"Yeah, and now it needs green." She dipped her hands in the blue and yellow before mixing them near the bottom of the wall. Naruto took the earbud he had taken out her ear and put it in his.

"And more red." He moved his hands accordingly, and soon they were both adding their own colors and mixtures to the mural. They tripped over eachother, their hands mixing with eachothers as they tried to get the best patterns and swirls.

They both stretched, trying to reach higher up the wall. Yosuga couldn't nearly get as high as Naruto, being too short. He chuckled at her attempts before swooping down to bring her up on his shoulders. Her squeal turned into a laughed as her head hit the ceiling.

"Ow!" She whined with a smile, hitting the top of Naruto's head with her elbow so she wouldn't get paint in his hair. His hands came up to grab her bare legs to steady her, and Yosuga squealed again a blush creeping across her cheeks. "You're getting paint on me!" Naruto laughed and brought his hands down to continue to color the wall.

"Sorry!" He apologized with a smile. Yosuga huffed grabbing his cheeks with her paint-covered hands. He jumped, grabbing her hands.

"There!" She grinned. "Now we're even!"

"Yosu-chaaaaaan!" Naruto whined.

"You did it first." Yosuga giggled, taking her hands back and placing them on the wall. Naruto pouted, continuing his painting as well.

When Yosuga used up all the paint on her hands, she looked down at Naruto who was still pouting like a baby. He smeared blue on the wall, his bottom lip poking out a bit and his eyes narrowed. Yosuga smiled, placing a hand on his forehead before sweeping his hair back. She leaned down pressing her lips where her hand had just been. Naruto jolted, tilting his head up to look at her.

The smile on her face seemed to force the corners of his mouth up as he looked into her eyes. Those deep green eyes of hers that never ceased to calm him. Like ointment calms a rash. Like a mother's melody calms her child. Who was he to not immediately lose himself in the plethora of greens that created the eyes he loved so much? The eyes of the girl he loved so much?

Who was she to not be mesmerized by the diamonds that had settled themselves in his iris? To not fall in love with the way his lips stretched into a smile? To not melt into the arms that enveloped her so gently? So warm. He was so warm. Who was she to not thaw herself in his embrace?

She leaned down again, and he took hold of her hands again. Her lips met him again, but this time they met his own instead of his forehead. Who were they to not indulge themselves in love's sweet clutch?

Yosuga was an artist. She knew all the different aspects of art, and prided herself in her mastery of one certain aspect.

The art of love.