NaruYosu-Maybe

Snow gently fell from the sky, specks of white gathering on the ground to create a soft white blanket. Everything was quite, and calm. The village had been covered completely with the falling snow, purifying the streets and buildings, at least until the kids of the village woke up and littered the ground with small footprints and snowmen.

A small sigh left the lips of a lump on the couch. Fingers rhythmically ran through soft hair, enjoying the warmth of the lump that joined him on the sofa. The corners of his lips twitched up into a content smile as he peered down at the green blob of hair that laid on his chest, the arms of which were wrapped tightly around his torso, legs tangled with his. Her back rose and fell calmly, in time with the motion of his fingers running through her hair as their heartbeats melded with one another.

He sighed again, leaning his head back to rest against the arm of the couch, staring up at the ceiling. It was early morning, the sun just barely rising above the horizon. He wasn't sure why he was up so early, but he knew he had to leave for a mission soon, so maybe that's why.

Maybe he was awoken so ahead of schedule to be able to gaze down at the girl that made him blush everytime she smiled before he had to leave again. On a mission where it was uncertain whether he'd come back or not, just like every other.

Maybe this was it.

Maybe he was awoken so early to be able to know how it felt to hold her one last time. Maybe the universe had taken pity on him, and allowed him these few hours to engrave her touch into his mind, so in his last moments he could feel her warmth around him. Like a blanket, the memory of her arms would envelope him, heating him up before he was forgotten, lying in a field of cold winter snow.

Maybe this was his last chance to taste her on his lips, or his last chance to smell her under his nose. Maybe this was the last time he'd ever get to hold her hand, or run his fingers through her hair, or see her smile, or hear her say his name. Maybe this was the last opportunity he had to tell her how much he loved her, or hear her laugh, or feel his heart flutter from every little thing she did.

If he were to die today, everything he did now would be the last thing he ever did.

"Naruto?" A soft whisper floated through the air, the melodic voice making his heart skip a beat. He blinked, looking down at her. He hadn't realized that his hold on her had tightened, waking her up. Tired green eyes squinted at him, and he offered a sheepish smile.

"Did I wake you up?" He wondered as she propped herself up on his chest, shaking her head.

"No." Was her quiet answer as she wrapped her arms around his next, bringing her head down to the crease between his neck and shoulder. She let out a long sigh. Naruto smiled. She was only this affectionate when she was tired.

"Yosu-chan?" He whispered, staring up at the ceiling again as he held her tightly. She hummed in response. "I love you." He felt the smile on her lips against the skin of his neck.

"I love you too."

---

Hi. So something bad happened.

I won't go into detail about it, but I don't know how or what to feel anymore.

Just, if you want to do something, badly, then do it. Ignore everyone telling you not to. Do what you want to do. Do what makes you happy. You weren't put on this Earth to cater to anyone's needs or wants except your own.

Death is inevitable. It comes at unexpected times, in unexpected places, while doing the most mundane things. There's no guarantee that tomorrow with be a better day, because there's no guarantee that tomorrow will ever come at all. There's not even a guarantee that tonight will come, or lunch.

What I'm trying to say is, if you don't do what you want to do now, while you still have the time to do it, there's no way of knowing that you'll ever be able to do it. Life is so, so, short. For some, it's even shorter. Anything you do could be the last time you do anything, so make the last thing you do be something that made you happy. Something that you are proud of.

I don't know if I'm making any sense, sorry. Life is, essentially, meaningless, but it's also beautiful. It's surprising and amazing and euphoric and exhilarating and breath-takingly gorgeous. It's a gift that's unlike anything in the entire universe, and yeah it may suck sometimes, but it's really up to you whether you focus on the sucky parts, or the beautiful parts.

Hopefully at some point I'll get back into the groove of updating once a week and actually write one shots other than Naruto and Yosuga, but until then,

I love you guys