NaruYosu- In Love

"Why do you drink this stuff?"

"It helps, I guess." Yosuga shrugged. Naruto furrowed his eyebrows, feeling a bit dizzy now.

"Helps what?"

"Everything." She took another sip.

A few deep breathes filled the silence as Naruto started at her, unable to look away. From the way her lips curled into a knowing smirk, to the way she rolled her eyes at something stupid he said, all Naruto's fuzzy mind could register was that he was so fucking in love with her.

There, he admitted it, and he'd admit it again and again if it meant he could finally know what it felt like to kiss her. He smiled at the thought, and Yosuga raised an eyebrow in question at the small breath of a laugh he let out.

"I'm in love with you." Naruto said with a small shrug, like he didn't know what else to say. Yosuga stared at him in surprise before laughing, taking a sip from her drink and shaking her head.

"You're drunk." Was all she said, quick to brush him off. Naruto refused to let it go, though.

"And when I'm not drunk, I'll be in love with you. And the next day, I'll be in love with you. And the day after that, and the day after that." Everytime he said "love", Yosuga's chest grew tighter, but she knew how minds worked, and there was a good chance his mind currently wasn't working at all, to be saying such things. "I'll never not be in love with y-"

"Naruto." His name left her lips in a harsher tone than she intended, but she needed him to stop. His words were only hurting her, in some strange, lonely way. She slowly shook her head, giving him her hardest look. "Just stop. You're not in love with me."

Naruto's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. How was she supposed to know his feelings for her? He loved her! He was in love with her! And he'd scream it at the top of his lungs for the whole world to hear. He'd shout it whenever she wanted to hear it and whisper it in those moments he was closest to her and cry it in the last breathes he took as she held him. He cocked his head, not understanding why she thought he didn't love her, if he just said it. Daichi's words came to mind.

"Do you think you're not capable of being loved?" He wondered, the thought of Yosuga not believing anyone could love her sparking a fire in him that was neither anger nor pity. Confusion, maybe. He felt like he needed to do something because of that.

The way her eyes immediately left his gaze at the question made his stomach churn. She twirled her glass, watching as the dark liquid swished inside. She chewed on her tongue before deciding to simply not answer. She huffed out a breath before downing the rest of her drink.

"When you're sober, come find me." And then she was gone, Naruto taking a small sip from his glass as he watched her walk through the door.

---

I was actually gonna put this in the actual story but now I'm not so sure. Like since it's here now it's kinda spoilers I guess but I honestly still don't know if NaruYosu is even gonna be the official pairing so...