Well and Alive

"This is Onew. He is your bodyguard."

Did you know there are seven billion people in the world? So why did it had to be Onew, his former home teacher? A ton of questions filled Taemin's mind but the most important one was "How was he getting out of this mess... alive?" Onew's staring paralyzed the younger boy's body.

"Do you know him?" Minho repeated. Taemin held his breath. His chest ached.

...

"No I don't," answered Onew dryly. Now it was Taemin staring at Onew.

"How? How did you forget someone you had spent 3 years with? And how could someone like Jinki end up here? What was his relationship to Minho? Was this Onew guy even his Jinki hyung?" Taemin's head was overheating with questions he couldn't answer.

When Minho finally left, Taemin saw his chance to talk to Jinki, or Onew, or whoever this person really was.

"You – " His voice faltered. Onew interrupted him.

"Are you crazy? What the hell are you doing here... Taemin?" Taemin gasped.

"You're really Jinki hyung?"

"Who else could I be? Answer me, Taemin. Why are you here? Do you know what kind of place this is? Why do they think you're Kim Kibum?"

You might call him naive but at that moment Taemin knew very well it could be a huge mistake to tell Jinki the truth, considering the whole situation. Yet he had always been one those people who relied on their feelings and right now he felt he could trust Jinki.

"What? How could you run away?" Onew spoke through his hands on his face.

Taemin laughed lightly. That had always been Onew's way to say Taemin was hopeless. He often did that when Taemin made a stupid mistake. After all that had happened, seeing something so familiar made Taemin feel much better. He couldn't help but embrace his friend.

"I'm so glad you're here."

Onew gently patted Taemin's head. He wasn't surprised by the younger's action. Taemin had never hesitated to show his feelings and that was what made him so unique.

"It's very nice to see again. I can't say I'm glad to see you here though. I don't like the fact that you're here a bit. The Choi's residence is not a place where you can come and go as you please," Onew replied.

"Who exactly are those people? Tell me, please. And how come you're here?" Taemin asked, stepping back.

"Well, have you ever heard of the Three Colors of the Underworld?"

"You mean the three biggest syndicates of Korea? Basically, nothing but that's a very cheesy name for gangs."

"Taemin, you can't underestimate them."

"I don't. Tell me about them."

"Well, the Three Colors of the Underworld are the Black Lotus, the White Snake and the Red Devils; they have been rivals for decades. But last year the Red Devils started to cooperate with a Japanese gang and they gained a lot of influence. As a consequence, the Black Lotus and the White Snake have to work together to keep the balance. But it's not easy to suddenly end animosity for good. The members still couldn't trust each other."

"The marriage, don't tell me..."

"Yes... The leaders decided to let their heirs marry as a sign of a new big family. That's why Choi Minho - who is, by the way, the White Snake's heir - was forced to marry Kim Kibum, the Black Lotus' heir. That means you'll be in big trouble once they find out you are not Kim Kibum."