#26 Countdown

Winter has just begun and yet it was already freezing. The combination of frost and wind made the biting cold unbearable. Taemin regretted not wearing a thicker sweater this morning. Yet, how could he know he would be kidnapped in the same evening.

"Why are you doing this?" Taemin's question was followed by a growl of pain as Woobin handcuffed him to the heater. The younger has noticed they were in an abandoned tower which probably was supposed to become an office building. The electricity worked, but no heater was on. Inside the building it was as cold as outside. Oh, how Taemin wished the heater to be on.

"Don't take it personal, Kibum. It's not about you. You just got bad luck to get involved with Choi Minho." Woobin answered.

"What do you want from me?" Taemin asked.

"Nothing. But I need Minho to do something for me and as you have noticed, we don't have the best relationship."

"And asking nicely is not an option?" Taemin knew this was a stupid question. Yet, it was a good one to make the other man continue speaking.

"You aren't that naïve, are you? You don't ask Choi Minho to do something for you. You blackmail him. That's the only way to get what you want. Although I understand you know him differently. He would do anything for you, wouldn't he? And that's why you're here."

"Fuck," Taemin murmured as he understood the situation. Now he get why Woobin was so motivated to help Minho and him develop their relationship. Taemin bit on his lower lips. How could he not realize it sooner? Every time Woobin had appeared, something happened between Minho and him. And every time, they got closer to each other. Taemin couldn't believe he was so dumb. So careless. He had left his guard down. He fucked up.

"It was quite a handful making him fall for you, still I thought it would take the Choi Minho longer to be in love with someone else than his own self. I don't know how you did it, but you helped me a lot. You're quite somebody, Kim Kibum." Woobin explained.

"What do you want from Minho?"

"Spoiler alert. You'll know it soon enough," said Woobin as he put the tape on Taemin's mouth despite the younger's protest. With his clogged nose Taemin was having a hard to breath, still all he worried about was Minho. The ruthless gang leader wouldn't fall into this obvious trap, right? And for the first time, he wished Minho didn't care about him. For the first time he wished Minho didn't love him.

Why couldn't he stay away from trouble? For his own sake. And for Minho's sake.

----------------------------------------

All it took for Minho to got to the said address was 25 minutes and yet it felt like hours. He arrived at an office complex which was abounded half-built. It wasn't located outside of the city, and still there was barely anything around. The next building was in sight and yet it would take a while to reach it. The building itself had about 30 levels, 2 entrances and 4 emergency exits. Its electric worked. So did its security system what was unusual for an abounded place.

Entering the building and on his way to the meeting point Minho noticed Woobin's men, counting them. "It won't be easy to get through them all," he thought. Yet that was a challenge he was ready to accept. On the 4th floor he finally found Taemin. The sight of the younger boiled Minho's blood. Taemin was handcuffed to a heater next to the glassless window, giving him no other option than siting on the dirty cemented ground. His right hand looked broken as for it turned blue. His lips were ripped and bleed? Effort wasn't required to notice the younger's fear. Minho's body moved on his own as he rushed to Taemin. Yet, he barely came two steps closer as Woobin stopped him, standing between the two.