My Promise

Minho sat in his office and frowned at the message appearing on his phone.

"This is...," he mumbled.

Why would someone send him a picture of a puppy?

"What does that mean?" He wondered, looking at the sender. At the same moment, the door to his office flung open, and his secretary stormed in.

"Look at this, the owner of the picture," Minho stated. Wendy paled as she saw the phone in her boss' hand. Immediately she bowed.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Choi. I sent it to the wrong person. That would never happen again." Her voice was shaking.

"Is that your dog?" Minho asked, and for a short moment, Wendy hesitated to answer. She wasn't sure she heard him correctly. Choi Minho, her boss was interested in her private life. This day should be documented in history.

"Yes," she stuttered, "I adopted him last week. I wanted to send the picture to my boyfriend. I made a mistake. I'm sorry."

To her surprise Minho didn't seem to be angry, instead he only nodded and told her she could leave. Closing the door, she wondered what happened to her boss who had snapped as she'd bought the wrong coffee. When you worked for Choi Minho, you didn't make mistakes. At least, that was what she'd believed until now.

Staring at the picture, Minho grinned. Kibum loved cute things; he would love this. Minho nodded to himself and started typing a message to the younger. Before he could finish the sentence, Wendy knocked on the door.

"Come in," Minho shouted, laying his phone down.

"Mr. Choi, this just came in for you," Wendy said, placing an A4 size envelope on his desk.

"Ok," Minho replied.

"Oh, ahm," he called as the secretary was about to leave.

"Yes, Sir?"

"Since when do you have a boyfriend?" He asked, not noticing the confusion on her face.

"Since last year," she answered.

"Oh," Minho mumbled, "and since when do you work for me?"

"Since last year, Sir."

"What a coincidence," Minho stated.

"Actually," she corrected the boss, "it's not. I'm going out with your bodyguard."

"Which one?" Minho asked curiously.

"Mr. Moon," Wendy held back the answer for a second. She still hadn't figure out whether Minho would get mad or not.

"Taeil?"

"Yes, Sir." The secretary blushed.

"Hm," Minho murmured, nodding.

"He is a good one," he added.

"He is," Wendy agreed. If it were up to her, she would end this weird conversation right now. She felt like introducing her boyfriend to her parents.

"Is there anything else I can do for you?" She questioned subtly.

"Is he treating you well?" Yeah, that was what his father would ask as well.

"Yes, he is," she answered.

"Good," Minho replied, "that's good."

"Sir, do you need anything else?"

"No, you can leave now," Minho responded, and Wendy breathed out in relief, heading to the door.