Just a little longer

Jonghyun had to admit that he was a little overwhelmed. Key's suggestion to run a test as a couple surprised him. He didn't think that the younger boy would react so enthusiastically. But he was glad about it. Still, it wasn't easy to plan a first date within a few hours. In the end, he decided on a simple program; dinner, wine and a walk along the beach. On recommendations of the hotel manager, he reserved a table at a known restaurant. Now he had to "pick up" his date. Shortly after he knocked, Key opened the door with a smile.

"Hi, are you ready? Oh uhm you look great."

"Thanks, you too," Key replied.

Together, they left the beach house and took a boat to a neighboring island. The drive wasn't long, but long enough to make the lack of talking unbearable. After each attempt to start a conversation, the awkward silence haunted them.

"Are you hungry already?"

"Yes."

...

"The shopping tour today was funny, right?"

"Yeah."

...

"Where are we going to eat?"

"Let yourself be surprised."

...

After taking the boat, they went about 5 minutes on foot. As they stepped on a wooden walkway over the ocean, it felt like they were walking on the water. The path led to a small bungalow. Key thought they were going to eat there, but inside there was just a white couch and a small table with a flower vase on it. A young woman was standing in the middle of the room. She was wearing a violet uniform and Key immediately identified her as an employee. The woman greeted them warmly and asked them to follow her. They went down a long stairway until they reached a blue door. Key could imagine what was behind it. Yet he couldn't deny that the secretiveness made it more exciting. The staff member opened the door for them and Key couldn't wait to take a step forward.

He had guessed correctly. It was a classy restaurant inside of the ocean. Its walls and roof were made of thick glass, which offered a clear underwater panorama. On the one hand, Key felt like he was a part of the enormous ocean. It was funny how one's own problems suddenly seemed so small and insignificant. On the other hand, the glass gave the impression that he was in a giant aquarium. How ironic, he was also caught in a dilemma. Either way, he was stuck in a marriage with a stranger.

"Jonghyun, it's incredible, so unique," Key said, as they were led to their tables. The room was small compared to an ordinary restaurant, but all the tables were occupied – except for theirs. Unsurprisingly, all the guests seemed to be couples, since the ambiance was phenomenally romantic.

"I'm glad you like it. I couldn't reserve the other tables at the last minute. Otherwise, we would have a little more privacy," Jonghyun said.

"That wasn't necessary. I think it's better this way." Key hadn't lied. He only had to imagine how they were sitting alone, saying nothing to each other. Without the noises the other guests, they would just hear the music in the background. That would even be more embarrassing than the boat ride.

"I'm sorry you had to do all the planning by yourself. I was suddenly so tired after going shopping. It must be jet lag," Key added.

"No problem, don't worry."

...

"So..."

"Yes?"

"Um ..." Jonghyun stewed over something to say. He had been introverted even as a child. Growing up hadn't caused any major change. Therefore, he could never follow in his father's footsteps. After his graduation, his father finally had to accept that his son would never want to be in the public eye. It was a huge disappointment for him. He had never literally said that to Jonghyun, but he couldn't hide it from the boy either. Jonghyun had always been very perceptive. Actually, he had only agreed to this marriage to make it up to his father in some way.