#32 Too tired to name this chapter

His eyes wandered from one point to another, scanning every details of the bedroom. Even on his first day in this room, it looked better... warmer, more welcoming. The huge bed next to the window was empty. Taemin had stored the pillows and the blanket. They would only be dust magnets, he'd thought. At that time, he couldn't imagine he would be locked up in this damned room again. Taemin hadn't been in here since he had "moved in" with Minho. That meant since they both had begun to share Minho's room. Until now Taemin hadn't realized what a great job he did, moving all his stuff. Not even one of his belongings was left, neither a plant on the windowsill nor a book on the nightstand. This room was how it was supposed to be. Empty. Abandoned.

Taemin shivered as he slowly felt the cold floor. He made his way to the bed. Laying down, he curled up into a ball with both arms under his head. The young man tried his best to ignore the cold, trying to make himself comfortable. At least, as comfortable as he could without blanket and pillow. His body temperature dropped as he finally fell asleep until the lack of warmth ripped him out of his sleep again. And that repeated over and over again that night, making it impossible for Taemin to rest.

When the sun rose and the first morning lights found their way through the curtains, Taemin was glad the night was over. Staring at the door – waiting, wishing for it to open – he had lost track of time. His eyes were open. He saw everything and yet, it felt like he were in a coma. He sensed everything around him without being able to move. Yet, as the door handle was pressed down, Taemin gathered all the energy that was left in his body to sit up.

"Minho," he called. To his disappointment, the person entering the room was someone else.

"Jungkook," he corrected himself.

"Where's Minho?" Taemin added. It was rare for him to skip the morning greeting for he had been raised differently by his parents. "Manners were what set us apart from animals", that was what his mother constantly told him.

"I don't know. He's left very early." The young bodyguard answered, bowing down to place the breakfast he has carrying on the nightstand, bircher muesli and fruit salad, Taemin's favourite breakfast.

"You should eat something. You haven't eaten anything since last night." Jungkook added and he was right. Taemin hadn't noticed the stomach cramps he was having last night. Considering his life was falling apart, a missed meal might be the littlest problem he had right now.

"Thank you," Taemin replied. Nodded, Jungkook turned around to leave.

"Wait," called Taemin.

"I'm sorry. I can't let you out," interrupted Jungkook as if he could read Taemin's mind.

Taemin sighed. He knew Jungkook was his only hope to get out of this mess, but he didn't want to cause any trouble for the young guard. What would Minho do to Jungkook, if Taemin suddenly disappear? Taemin wanted to punch himself hard. He kept being a burden for people around him. He was a mess. Despite being around gangsters, criminals and maybe even killers, he was still the most twisted one.

"Here. It's cold, isn't it?" Taking off his suit jacket, Jungkook handed it to Taemin. The young guard couldn't help but notice Taemin's thin pyjama and his bare feet. He wasn't trained to take care of the people he was protecting, not in this way. Thus, he wasn't sure if what he did was appropriate. He simply didn't want Taemin to freeze.

"Thank you," Taemin repeated.

"Kibum or whatever your name is, if I may give you an advice," Jungkook said, "the boss... give him what he wants, whatever it is." And with that the young guard disappeared, closing the door behind him.

----- >> << -----

It was already afternoon when Minho arrived. It had become a habit that the first thing Minho wanted to do once he got home was to see Taemin. The younger's smile as he greeted him, his hugs... his kisses. Taemin acted like a puppy when I saw his human coming home from work. And Minho missed that. Taemin would not be happy to see him now, but that wasn't something he should care about, Minho told himself.