#22 Love you to death

This is what I listen to while writing this chapter. Just gonna share it with you ^^

---------------

Taemin could feel the heartbeat in his chest. His hand was calm, but his heart was not. And yet, he was impressed by his own self-control. He had learned to maintain his poker face by the time being with Minho.

Taemin took a deep breath and pushed himself through the door. He was ready to face reality.

No, he was not. He realized.

In less than one second, he completely forgot his stupid idea of Minho cheating on him. Taemin frowned at the picture he saw. Minho was standing in front of another, older man who was kneeling on the floor with his head hanging down. Taemin couldn't see the man's face and yet, he noticed clearly the blood and the cuts on his face. His right eye was swollen he could barely open it. The wound on his forehead wouldn't stop bleeding. Taemin's glances wandered to Minho's hand which was also smeared with blood. Minho stretched his fingers after throwing another hard punch at the man. The unknown man landed on the floor due to the impact. Taemin could feel the pain just by watching and still, the man lifted his upper body to go back to the position before, waiting for the next attack.

Minho didn't seem to notice or maybe he didn't care about the fact that the older man couldn't regain his balance. He was about to pass out. One more hit could knock him out... forever. Before realizing it, Taemin threw himself between those two as he saw Minho raised his fist again. He used his body to cover the injured man so that he was facing Minho. Except for the fact that he closed his eyes. And the pain he expected came. Minho's hit landed directly on his jaw, causing him to bite on his tough. Immediately he tasted the blood.

"Kibum?" Taemin opened his eyes as he heard Minho calling his name. Minho was as furious as before. Taemin's action only added a shock to his mood. Taemin didn't blame his boyfriend for the pain. As sudden as Taemin appeared, not even a good fighter like Minho could stop the attack.

"Get out, Kibum," Minho demanded.

"No," Taemin exclaimed out loud. "You're going too far. I don't know what's going on but you're going to kill him."

"And what if I do? He deserves it." Minho said through clenched teeth.

"Get the fuck out of my sight, Kibum."

"No," Taemin refused. By that, he could see the anger in Minho growing.

"Fuck," Minho screamed. He grabbed the coffee cup on his table and smashed it on the ground. Taemin had expected the outburst and yet he flinched. Standing up, he stepped aside.

"Minho," he called. Taemin felt the relief as Minho's eyes followed his figure. One more step to the left.

"Kibum, go the fuck home. I'm so pissed right now. I might hurt you again," Minho warned, and Taemin knew he meant it. His whole body was trembling in fury.

"Minho, look at me" Taemin called again, coming closer. However, Minho took a step back, remaining the distance between them. Not being able to hold back anymore, he rammed his fist into the glass cabinet to his side. Like the cabinet, Taemin's heart broke into pieces as he saw the flinders cutting Minho's flesh while the older boy didn't even seem the realize them.

"Can you look at me, Minho?" Taemin needed to calm this man down. But when did saying "calm down" ever work? Never.

"I'm coming closer, ok?" Taemin suggested. Still, Minho didn't answer. But he didn't refuse Taemin either. By that Taemin move forward. The younger man moved slowly as if he was approaching a wild animal.