"I just met you, and I hate that I love you"

08.04.2016

                            Adrienette

🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸

It was a sunny day in Paris, France- Sorry, let me repeat that once again.

It was a sunny day in Paris, France. A big downpour had erupted from the sky out of nowhere.

Even though most consider rainy days as the worst, it made the life of a certain Blunette girl better- if you consider the spark of your obsession over a certain human taking over your existence making anything better.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng: The shy, quiet, and kind girl that avoids trouble at all costs, with her blue-bell eyes that remind many of the sea because of how easy it is to get lost in them, had developed a few feelings for a certain blond model.

The girl, at first, despised him. His perfect blond hair, perfect green eyes, perfectly tanned skin, shiny and pearly white teeth; she hated his presence.

Why? Because he caught her heart in the matter of seconds of getting to know the boy.

Her anger sparked when she caught the poor boy at her desk, trying to remove some gum that a particular blonde brat had placed in Marinette's seat.

"What do you think you're doing?!" She shouted, misunderstanding the situation. She completely thought he had placed the gum on her seat.

The boy jumped in surprise, startled at hearing an abrupt voice. His green eyes grew wide and he turned around quickly, "I-I'm sorry! I w-was just trying to remove the g-gum that my friend Chloe placed on your seat!" He stammered.

Marinette glanced at the blonde girl, Chloe, noticing she was laughing with her friend Sabrina. The bluenette looked back at the nervous boy.

"So you are one of Chloe's friends? Of course you would help her out in one of her schemes." She sighed and slightly pushed the boy our of her way, taking a napkin from her purse and placing it over the piece of gum.

"Listen, I don't know who you are, but I'd advise you to-" Marinette was starting to take out her supplies from her backpack before being interrupted.

"Adrien Agreste." The boy's cheeks turned a light pink in embarrassment, "My name is Adrien Agreste..."

"Okay, Agreste, but like I was saying, I'd advise you to steer clear of certain people if you know what's good for you." She dismissed him, going into a conversation with her best friend, Alya Césaire.

The boy just nodded and took his seat in the front row, next to a boy named Nino. They soon started chatting and became friends rather quickly.

Throughout that period, Marinette looked out the window, noticing raindrops fall from the sky and splashing on the ground. Luckily for the students, that was the last class period for them.

                                         **

"Darn, I forgot to bring my umbrella with me..." She sighed, holding herself for warmth. Marinette had forgotten to grab her umbrella from the basket at home due to her habit of running late.

She watched the rain continue to fall rather hard. She tried to look out in the direction of her family's bakery, but because of the fog, it made it difficult to see the street.

Right when she thought she was alone, the doors to the front of the school had opened. Someone was making their way out of the building.

Marinette had turned her head, to see who was exiting. She frowned and turned away she saw Adrien's gaze on her. She was still disappointed in the boy.

He sighed and opened his black umbrella, about to walk straight past the slim girl. He stopped and turned around to look at her, giving her a small smile.

The bluenette pouted and averted her eyes. The silence between the two becoming uncomfortable.

"Listen, I know I probably didn't make the best first impression for you, but I was telling the truth back there. I was just trying to remove the gum from your seat." His eyes filled with guilt.

"I know you must still be upset at me, but this is all new to me, you know? Public school and making friends...." He continued. Marinette's heart started to beat a little faster. What was he doing to her?

"I hope we can work this out and forget about it, here." He smiled, offering his umbrella to the girl, "I noticed that you don't have one with you and I don't really want you to get sick."

"T-thanks?" She hesitated to grab the umbrella straight away. She inched her hand slowly towards the blonde, flinching a little when she accidentally touched his hand but quickly holding the umbrella in her hand.

Adrien looked at Marinette in a loving manner, happy that she accepted his peace offering, " I hope you don't despise me anymore...-"

"M-Marinette. My n-name is Marinette." She stuttered. Why was she stuttering? She had no idea. Suddenly the umbrella closed on her.

Adrien started to laugh, not at her, but at the abrupt interruption. Her blue-bell eyes peeled from under the umbrella. She too started laughing with him.

"So I hope this clears things up a bit?" He looked at her before noticing his silver limo pull up.

"J-just a bit. I still have my d-doubts about you, A-Agreste" she smiled, twirling the umbrella a bit.

"Noted. I hope your doubts change over time. See you tomorrow, Marinette." He waved. The blond made his way to the vehicle.

"First day at school and you already have a girlfriend! Nice!" Adrien's Kwami, Plagg, popped out of his bag, smirking.

"She's not my girlfriend, Plagg. Just a friend... A friend!" He smiled, glancing back at a blushing Marinette before entering the limo and driving off.

From where Marinette was standing, Tikki popped out behind her shoulder smiling and cuddling her miraculous holder.

The heroine was making her way to her home.

'Oh Adrien,' she thought,' I just met you, and I hate that I love you'

🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸

I hope you enjoyed this one-shot! If you haven't noticed, I was inspired by the cannon way they met but added a few things to make it different.

Until next time!