"If I was her"

10.05.16 - 10.30.16

Adrienette
🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸

"Hey, babe! How was your fifth Sailor Moon marathon?"

If I was her, I would of watched it with him...

"It was great- like always. I never get tired of watching magical girls fight like warriors!"

His voice, always cheery and bright for her... hiding the pain that he feels inside.

"I still can't believe you're into the Japanese kids shows! Come on, Adrien."

If I was her, I wouldn't criticize or judge him for liking anime... we would both fan over the amazing content it has.

"First of all, they aren't kid shows, Lila. They are wonderful pieces of art! I doubt Attack on Titan or High School of the Dead could be considered kid shows."

If I was her, I wouldn't dare to insult one of his passions that way. Whether it's feminine or not, he can enjoy whatever he wants.

"Attack on what now? Adrien, you really need to take a rest with all of this... anime stuff. It's getting into your head." She laughed and looped his arm around her.

It's what's keeping him happy. It's his way of coping. Why can't she see that?

"Enough, Lila. It's important for me. You wouldn't understand." Adrien sighed as they walked outside of the school. I followed behind them.

If only she cared enough to know why. If I was her, he wouldn't have to keep being alone.

"What do I not understand Adrien? Hmm? Whenever I try getting to know you better, you keep pushing a certain thought away."

Has she ever considered that thought to be personal? That she shouldn't rush him to tell her?

"Do you ever think that I don't tell you that for certain reason? Don't you think it's troublesome for me to share out private information like that?"

His voice... it's breaking. His face is turning a light shade of pink. His eyes are glossy... because of me.

"I see how this breaks you everyday, Adrien! Everywhere I see you, you seem to have this fake smile around others. Around Nino, around Alya, and around me! Don't you think it's hard for your girlfriend to see you this way?"

Always bring the topic back to herself, petty. Why can't she just allow him to keep his privacy?

"Lila... how can you always being the situation to be about you? Yes, I can tell how it can be hard for my girlfriend and my friends, but all you do is mainly talk about yourself!"

He's tearing down. He is loosing his control. If I was her I'd just dropped the subject and cheer him up.

"Ugh. Adrien, all I want to do is help you! Get closer to you! But once again you're shutting everyone out ever since last year! Just talk to me, please. I want you to know that you can trust me!"

I just want to walk up there and tell her to give him some space! But... her words seem to be telling the truth. That look in her eyes; worry.

"I'm sorry, Lila. I know I have been antisocial for the past year, but I have my reasons and maybe one day I will be ready to tell you the whole story some other time. For now, let's just stop arguing and go to the arcade."

He's in pain. The scars hidden on his thighs say so. In so much pain. As hypocritical as I may sound now, he really needs to open up to her.

"Alright. Should we get some croissants and hot chocolate from the bakery across the street? I heard they have the best in town and from my time being here, I never gave it a shot."

Memories of that bakery. Memories of the pastries. Memories of our food fights in the kitchen. Just washing upon me, and certainly him too.

"I think we should get something from near the arcade. I'm not emotionally stable to go to a bakery right now."

Oh Adrien. Even after a year, my parents miss seeing your face every morning; they loved you.

"I understand. Let's just get a pizza! We can share it while we take another try at the claw machine."

He smiled at her innocent and caring thought. He remembers. Tears threaten to fall onto his cheeks.

"That s-sounds like a p-plan. Let's go for it."

If I was her, he wouldn't be so broken down. He wouldn't be miserable. He wouldn't have those scars hidden on his body. He wouldn't feel alone in the night.

He wouldn't be any of these because...

If I was her, I would have been alive.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Je'taime, purrincess. You fill the whole in my heart."

"je vous aime à, kitty. You make me feel alive"

"Promise to never let me become a stray, m'lady?"

"I promise to always be by your side, chaton."

🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸

Wow. That just happened. And it probably sucked too.

Can you believe it took 25 days for this short Drabble to be done? I'm honestly dissatisfied with it but I really didn't know what else to add since after every piece of dialogue, I could literally end the story.

Either way, I hope you enjoyed this small little sad adrienette even though it sucked.

FIY: if you are confused about the ending, it's pretty much Adrien and Mari  telling each other their love for the other one night before Mari's death.

How did she die? That's for your imagination to think of.

Happy one day till Halloween!