"Best man wins"

04.07.2018
                     Lukanette + Adrienette
  🌸🎸🌸🎸🌸🎸🌸❣️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸⭐️🌸

"Hey Mari, what would you like me to do with these old magazines?" Adrien sat on the ground, looking through an old box filled with fashion magazines from all over the world.

"You can just throw them away. A lot of the styles are outdated and not really trending anymore," Marinette smiled and looked over to the teal haired boy on her chaise, "Hey Luka, would you mind getting that box on the top shelf? I can't really reach it and you're the tallest of the three."

"Anything for you Ma-Ma-Marinette," the boy winked. He placed his guitar down gently and walked over to the white shelves and reached for a black and pink storage box filled with scrap material.

Marinette consideres herself lucky that she was able to receive help from both Adrien and Luka when it came to cleaning her room. Alya was asked to join, but she had to do some spring cleaning herself— specifically on the ladyblog and updating the website to include newer akumas and fan theories.

Since her school was out on spring break, that meant she should hangout with the two guys that were most special to her... even if it involved working together to help Marinette's small hoarding problem.

"Here you go! Do you need me to do anything else?" Luka handed the box to the petite girl and looked at her with soft eyes. From his spot on the floor, Adrien squinted his eyes towards the new "friend" and glared at him.

"I think this is all I need for now. I'm going to get more bags to throw things into. I'll be right back!" Marinette smiled at Luka and made her way to the stairs. She ruffled Adrien's hair a bit and headed down to her living room, hoping to find spare trash bags in her mother's utility closet.

As soon as she left the room, both boys looked at eachother with a similar thought in mind...

"She's mine"

"What do you mean she's your's? You barely know her and may I add the fact that you're too old for her?" Adrien rolled his eyes, still sorting through the magazines he found of his father's brand.

"And what makes you think she's your's as well? Sure you might have known her longer, but from what I recalled, you don't pay attention to her or her affections," Luka defended, "Listen Adrien, you're a great guy, but I don't think Marinette is right for you. She's amazing and needs someone to provide her with love. Not a constant reminder that's she's just 'a good friend."

"Listen, Luka, I don't appreciate how you assume I'm not "good enough" for Marinette. I know for a fact she's amazing, but she's also way more than that. I always show my gratitude and respect for Marinette in anyway I can at any chance I get," Adrien sighed, "I may have been oblivious to her feelings before, but I know for sure I want her to be more than a friend."

Footsteps were heard from downstairs, inching closer to the stairs; Marinette is about to return.

"Alright, instead of arguing over her, why not try to woo her the best we can? Not in a materialistic manner by buying her things and spoiling her with things, but in a passionate and loving way? Whoever ends up swooning her can have priority over asking her out and becoming her boyfriend. Deal?" Luka walked over to Adrien, crouched down and put his hand out for Adrien.

The blond thought about it for a bit, looked at the other boy's hand, and shook it. Adrien's inner Chat was slightly showing as he smirked, "May the best man win."

"May the best man win what?" Marinette entered the room with trash bags in one hand and a tray of macaroons in the other. "What were you two talking about?"

Both boys glanced at eachother and blushed before looking at Marinette.

"Oh... um... we were talking about..." Adrien scratched the back of  his neck out of embarrassment.

"How we were planning on playing Ultimate Mecha Strike III and challenging eachother to see who can go up against you!" Luka added, a nervous laugh following in suit.

"Well, if we finish throwing out these things, we can play!" Marinette beamed. She didn't think much of it but her heart was content with the thought of the two boys fighting over who could play with her.

As she placed the old magazines Adrien sorted out inside the trash bags to later recycle, Luka and Adrien exchanged annoyed glances every time Marinette wasn't looking.

This was going to be fun.

————————————————————————
Whoop whoop! Two updates in a row!

I was kinda in the mood of writing Lukanette and Adrienette so why not go off character a bit and add a bit of a rivalry? I really want to see something like this but obviously the characters still sticking to the type of person they are.

Until next time!