Chapter 64: Feeling Unappreciated

Leah

Sam hit me up the other day and told me he wanted to meet up in the park so this morning I’m gonna go that. I walk through the park to see him and Brianna there. “Auntie Leah” she screamed running all the way over to me. “Hi angel” I said. “How are you” “Good” “That’s great to hear. You’ve gotten so big since the last time I have seen you” I said. I put her back down and she went back over to Sam. “Hey Sam” I said giving him a hug. “Daddy I’m going to go on the swings ok” Brianna said. “Ok sweetheart stay where daddy can see you” Sam said. I watched as she ran off to the swings. Sam is such a great father and I love the fact that Emily and Sam can still co-parent for the sake of their child. Not all divorced couples have that. “She has gotten so big since the last time I saw her” I said. “Yeah she’s growing up so fast. My baby isn’t a baby anymore” he said. “Aw Sam don’t be like that. Brianna is always going to be your baby. No matter how old she is and no matter where she goes in life” I said. “Yeah” he said. “I actually wanted to talk to you about something” “Ok what’s up” I said. “I had met up with Emily the other day to visit this preschool for Brianna and she told me that she and the rest of the ladies met up with you to address the whole Trey giving you roses and diamonds on your birthday situation” he said. “Uh huh” I said. “And Emily said that you threw something in her face and said you wanna know what I think is wrong. Sleeping with your husband, leading him on treating him like the side nigga” “Uh huh” I said again. “And she asked me if I told you that we spelt together and I said yes. I’m not gonna lie for that. Why would I?” he said. “But what I want to know from you is if you did true and in fact say that” “Yes I did say that I will admit” I said. “But I never meant to use it to add to the fire. It was the heat of the moment, I was angry and it just slipped out. I should’ve never done that and it was very wrong of me” “No I’m not mad at you” he said. “I’m not mad at you. I don’t want you to ever think that I’m mad at you. Yeah I will admit that I did feel a bit violated but not to the extent where I hate you” “Ok” I said. “I’m actually glad that you told Emily that she was wrong because that’s how I’m feeling. I’m feeling like she’s leading me on thinking we are gonna get back together.” “Wow you’re actually glad” I said in shock. “I’m glad. I think that it was time someone called Emily out on her shit and if there’s anyone to call Emily out on her shit. It’s you Leah. It’s most definitely you” “So is everything ok with you” I asked. “Yeah everything is fine with me. I just wanted to meet up with you and address before it got out and you found out somewhere else”

Trey

I’m beginning to feel really unappreciated you know. I think that Lauren is taking me for granted. She is taking my kindness for weakness. She doesn’t pay attention to me and she is neglecting me emotionally. I don’t wanna walk away from her because if I walk away from her I’ll feel like I’m walking away from child and I don’t wanna do that. But I can’t take any more of it and it’s only a matter of time before I crack under the pressure. I’m sitting here in my office watching some videos online. As I’m sitting there, my inner voice is telling me to open my drawer. I went with my conscience and did just that. I opened the drawer to find the earrings gone. No they can’t be gone. Where are they? They have to be in here. A jewelry box can’t just get up and walk out of a drawer. Someone must have taken them. But who would take those earrings? Then it all started piecing together. Lauren. Lauren took Leah’s earrings. How can she do that? Isn’t that considered stealing? I rushed frantically to our bedroom to look for the earrings. I began trashing our bedroom looking for those earrings. I wasn’t finding it anywhere. I went into Lauren’s walk in closet. I looked in all of the bags she had on the wall and the clutches as well. I still found nothing. Where could they be? I went back into the bedroom. I searched everywhere. My head snapped up when I realized there was one place that I didn’t check. The nightstand. I walked quickly over to the night stand and yanked open the drawer and there it was. The earrings. I opened to find the earrings still there. “Bitch” I said out loud. I punched the wall in a fit of rage. It left a hole in it too. I can’t believe Lauren took the earrings that were meant for Leah. This is what happens when she goes through my personal stuff. What if Leah saw Lauren wearing those earrings. She would have thought that I gave them to her. I swear when Lauren gets home tonight it gonna be hell to pay.

(Later that Night)

I’m sitting here on the couch waiting for Lauren to get home. I’m so angry right now. Those earrings were not meant for you. If I wanted to give you those earrings I would’ve have given them to you but no you a nosy ass bitch and you going in my office, through my drawers and through my personal things. This is where I draw the fucking line. I took a sip of my wine and at the same time she walked in the door. I locked eyes on her as soon as she came in. “Hey baby” she said. “What are you doing”. I got off the chair and went up to her. I wanted to confront her face to face. Person to person. “I went into my office drawer today” I said. “And I saw that the earrings were missing. I searched all over this house for them until I came across inside the nightstand of our bedroom. What were they doing there?” “I don’t know” she said. “Do not lie to me” I shouted. She jumped when she heard the anger in my voice. “You took the earrings. Didn’t you?” I asked. “Yes I took them” she said. “Why” I asked. “Why do you have them in your office drawer” “Where I put my things is none of your business” I said. “Now I wanna know why you took them” “Leah gave them back to you and she wasn’t gonna use them. So I thought there was no reason to waste perfectly good diamonds so I took them for myself” she said cockily. “Lauren these are not yours” I said. “They aren’t Leah’s either. They don’t have an owner” “That doesn’t make it right Lauren” I said. “They weren’t meant for you. If I wanted you to have those earrings I would’ve given them to you but I didn’t so there for you had no right to take them” “You never buy me things like that but you would buy some bitch a present like that” “What” I said. “Lauren let’s not get into treating people right ok. You don’t treat me right. You don’t even appreciate it me” “That’s not true Trey” “Yes it is. You don’t appreciate me. Sometimes I wonder why I even try. Why I even put up with your bullshit” I said. “You don’t appreciate me nor do you appreciate the things that I do for you” “You know I love you”. I didn’t wanna hear her bullshit anymore. I know she doesn’t mean it when she says she loves me. If she loved me she wouldn’t do half the shit that she does. “I’m taking back these earrings and you are to never take them out of my drawer again” I said. “I don’t want you going through my personal stuff. You go it?”. She nodded her head. I stormed off upstairs to the bedroom.