Chapter 5

Fast forward 2 days. Jack still isn't eating much as he wants to be thin enough to impress Maisy, in his mind, Conor noticed this and hopes that she can change his ways!

Maisy's POV~
I haven't seen Conor in like forever and I can't wait to meet his brother Jack! Conor said that he likes me but I'm not sure, why would someone as amazing as him like a girl like me? It doesn't make any sense. Honestly, Conor told me about Jacks issues and I've been the same. I don't tell anyone though, I don't have anyone to tell but Conor and I don't want to worry him.  I can't tell my boyfriend. He's abusive and if I told him I know what would happen. I haven't told Conor that yet either but I'm hoping to soon. Finally it's time to meet the Maynards!

Conor's POV~

"Jack she's here, come down!" Jack came down as I was giving Maisy a big hug. I knew he was making an effort, he'd done all his hair up and was wearing his best shoes. His clothes however were still baggy so that they didn't show off his body.
"Hey Maisy!" He said whilst giving her a soft peck on the cheek and a hug. I noticed she flinched when he kissed her cheek, I wonder why. I can't let this go, I need to find out, "Hey Jack, would you be able to edit some videos or whatever? I want a proper catch up with Maisy" "umm yeah sure I'll find something to do" came his reply.

I sat Maisy down on the sofa. She wore a lot more makeup than she usually did and winced in pain as she sat down. I'd figured it out now. " How long has he been doing this to you? I never trusted that fucking man. If I see him I'm going to smash his face into fucking pieces!"
Maisy looked scared and nervous. "About a year or so, I'm sorry! I.. I'm still with him." She looked to the floor ashamed of herself so I moved over, sitting right next to her. "you have nothing to be sorry for, we're going to get you out of this relationship whether you like it or not, okay?" "Yeah, thank you so much Conor!"

Jacks POV~
I think Conor forgot that the walls in here are paper thin. I could hear every word of their conversation. She was in a relationship, an abusive one at that. I want a to help her. With this in mind I walked into the living room, grabbed the car keys and said " come on, we're going to sort this shit out." I was so angry that neither of them dared to argue with me. Maisy told me her address and Conor drove there. When we arrived I knocked on the door, a man answered. I told him that Maisy was breaking up with him, as the words left my mouth I felt a fist collide with my face. "I don't care, nothing you can do will hurt me more than. I hurt myself, I'm used to the pain" I said. That seemed to throw him off as he slammed the door in my face