Chapter 10

Bing! Who's phone was that? I checked mine. It wasn't me. When Maisy was checking hers there was another Bing! That meant it must be the phone on the table laid face down. Conor's phone. Conor cringed at the sounds. "Well then, mate, are you gonna check your messages?" "oh erm yeah" He picked his phone up as it buzzed again. That meant two messages. He had his phone set on a setting where his notifications don't show what his messages say, just who they are from. I reckon he did it to stop me and the rest of the lads seeing his messages. As soon as he unlocked his phone and quickly read both messages he flung his phone onto the sofa and went bright red. "Can I read it?" I ask. He gave me a nod in reply.

From Caspar👻:
I think he's singl. Idk for def tho, you'll have to ask him urself. I don't think he's gay tho.. Idc if u are tbh, what's with the xoxo? So yea

From Joe🏡🌾:
Hi mate, look Caspar showed me the text.. I'm single but I'm not gay sorry. I'm not sure if I can be comfortable with you knowing that you like me? Idk ima have to think about this.

"We should probably call them now and tell them it was a joke!" I suggested. Maisy agreed and I could see a wave of relief wash over Conor's face. We decided to start with Caspar.
••••• ••••• •••••• Hello?
J- Hi mate it's me Jack. So you heard about Conor huh?
C- oh erm yeah I did actually. He text me about Joe.
J- yeah.. Well I've got something to tell you too.
C- don't tell me you're crushing on one of us too.
J- well actually I wanted to tell you
JMC- that this was a massive PRANK!!!
C- you prick. I actually believed you!
J- I know you did! We got you good bro. Anyways I've got to go, byee
C- right okay bye!
Well that's one down! One to go. We scroll through the contacts on my phone and call Joe, he picked up almost immediately.
Jo-Hello?
Ja- hey it's me Jack. So have you heard from Conor?
Jo- look I don't want to talk about this, it's messing my head up
Ja- that's fine because this was all just one big
Jmc- prank!!
M-Joe! Did you really believe us?
Jo- yeah I did. I honestly had no idea what to think! So Conor isn't gay?
C- no I'm not gay, and I don't have a crush on you!
Jo- good good, look I've got to go now. Meetings and all.. Bye!
Jmc- byee!

Well that was fun! I can't believe they actually fell for it. It was so funny embarrassing Conor. It didn't take much to do it, I didn't think Maisy would be that into pranks either but she loved it! I'm glad, it makes me happy when she's happy. That's all that matters...