Chapter 2: The First Demon Encounter

*John's POV*

I woke up to the sound of my phone going off. I picked it up and looked at it

Blocked number

I put it back on the dresser and checked the time,

5:56 am

I sighed and wiped my hands on my face.
"I might at as well get up now and get a head start," I groaned with annoyance. I got up, took my shower, and got dressed. I packed everything and checked myself out of the motel. I got into the car and continued on the road.

*Bella's POV*

I woke up the next morning to Tuco licking my face. I sat straight up with my messy, brown hair stuck to my face.
"Hey hey buddy, I'm up. Calm down," I cooed as I petted him and brushed my hair out of my face.

I got up and went downstairs to feed him and myself. I heard a knock on the door. I grabbed my .9 and looked through the curtain while cocking it.

"Another homeless guy. Man, I'm just a hit for the homeless," I laughed. I opened the door and uncocked my gun.

"Um, hi. I'm Gerald," he stuck out his hand for me to shake it. Gerald seemed stunned at how young I was.

"I was wondering if you had any spare food I could have?" He noticed Tuco and bent down to stick out his hand for Tuco to sniff it.

"Oh, um, just come in," I motioned him to come inside. Gerald stepped in and Tuco growled.

That's weird. My precious never growls unless he senses something off I thought

I brushed it off. I mean, he is homeless.

"I have food, water, shelter, and running water. You can stay here for the night if you want," I pointed out.

"If you'd like, you can take a shower. I have extra clothes for you to have," I suggested.

"Thank you so much. I never got your name," Gerald pointed out.

"I'm sorry, my name is Ana." Which was a lie of course. Sort of. I'm not gonna give out my name to a random person!

"What a beautiful name!" I swear his eyes turned black. It must've been a trick of the light.

"Thank you," I responded. He turned around and headed upstairs to the bathroom.

*John's POV*

I stopped at a Biggerson's because, well, I was hungry. I did some research on the case and came up with nothing. Until I clicked on an article that said some sulfur was left behind.

"So it's a demon causing all of this," I paused. "Wait a minute, they're all virgins, it must be for their blood," I concluded.

The demon is disguising himself has a homeless man going up to houses where only virgins are home alone, begging for food. Whoever lets him in, gets killed. Brutally.

"I need to find the next target."

I found the next target. It's a 13 year old girl named Anastasia Dawson.

The Anastasia Dawson?

*Bella's POV*

I set out the clothes for Gerald on my parents' bed and continued downstairs to make something to eat. Gerald got out of the shower and put the clothes on.

Tuco growled when he came downstairs into the kitchen where I was. Gerald seemed to take notice on that.

"I'm sorry. He's never like this," I crouched down to pet him. "It might be because he isn't used to you yet."

"That's understandable," he said. His eyes suddenly turned black and everything went dark.

I woke up tied to a chair and a rag in my mouth. On the ground, was some kind of pentagram. I looked beside me and my precious was laying on the ground, dead. Gutted out.

Then I saw Gerald come out of the kitchen with a knife

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!

Hehe I ended with a cliffhanger >:)
Sorry about that. I've now thought of a bunch of ideas and now I'm trouble writing in down XD

But anyway, I won't be writing anything so it'll take a little longer to update the next chapter because I'm going to be in Seattle until tomorrow afternoon (Thursday, August 25th). I'm going to see Gwen Stefani in concert tonight!!

So I just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Remember to spread around the love!! (n_n)

-T