Chapter 4: What Are Hunters?

I woke up to the sound of the door opening. I heard footsteps approaching and opened my eyes.

It was the man who saved me. He must've noticed he woke me, he walked over and turned on the lamp.

"I must have scared you earlier," the man said. "I'm John"

"As in... as in John Winchester?" I asked. It was then I realized Sam and Dean were gone. Probably in bed.

"Yes. How did you know?"

"The man. Gerald," I kept stuttering. "He-he kept asking whe-where you were." I explained

"Why was he looking for you? What was so important that he tortured me just to find you?" John had a confused look.

"Explain to me what happened from the minute you woke up,"

"I got up, fed my dog and myself, answered the door with a 9mm, let Gerald in, he took a shower..." I couldn't finish what I was saying because I started to cry.

"Next thing I know everything went dark and I woke up tied to a chair with a weird pentagram on the ground. My-my dog... torn open,"

I couldn't continue. I lost my only family that was left. John put a hand on my shoulder and rubbed my arm.

I winced and he stopped. He sighed and looked down at his hands.

"Get some rest. I'll explain in the morning." I nodded and laid back down. John got up and turned off the lamp and went outside.

* * * * * * *

I woke up to someone lightly shaking me awake.

It was Dean.

"Hey, my dad wants to talk to you," he said. "To explain what happened yesterday."

I got off the couch and saw John at the table, writing in a journal of some sort. He looked up and quickly shut the journal.

That seemed pretty weird but I thought nothing of it.

I sat in the chair across from him. He sighed and looked down at his hands. Again

"I'm not gonna sugar coat it. The man that attacked you was a demon," he started.

I stared at John, not knowing what to say. "Demons? Seriously. Don't lie to me. That man was insane, he killed my dog for fucks sake!" I didn't believe him. I didn't want to.

But deep down, I was hoping he was telling the truth.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I am SO SO sorry for not updating. I have limited time on my phone now so I can only be on my phone when I'm alone.

Holy hell! 94 reads?! I can't thank you guys enough! This means a lot.

I will try to update this more, so please don't be mad at me.

If you ever want to help me with this story, all my social media is in my bio and I will make sure to mention you in the story.

Remember to spread around the love! (n_n)

-T