Chapter 5: The Flashback

John just stared at me, not knowing what to say.

"You're telling the truth, aren't you?" I asked. He nodded and said, "I'm sorry. I truly am." I sighed and rubbed my head because a headache was starting to form.

"Do you have any painkillers?" I asked. John looked at Sam and he brought me some a few minutes later. "Thanks," I said and Sam walked away.

"Do you have any family you could live with?" John asked.

"No. No friends either. I took online school..." I trailed off. John had a concerned look on his face.

"I'm gonna have to put you in an orphanage then,"

"No! I am NOT going back to the Hell Hole again!" He didn't even flinch at my outburst.

*2 years ago*

I was sitting in the corner, reading "Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales".

"Hey, Bells! How's that book treatin ya? Fuckin geek." Trevor Smith, the orphanage bully. His posse laughed.

"For the last time Trev, it's Bella. Leave me alone..."

"What're you gonna do about it? Throw dark magic at us and turn us into sheep?" Him and his group high fived each other.

"She said to leave her alone!" It was a girls voice. I didn't recognize it.

"Looks like Bells needs some protection from a dumbass!" They finally left and walked off to terrorize some other poor kid.

That wasn't even the start of it.

*End of flashback*

"Hello?" I snapped back into reality. "Are you ok?" I looked up and John was staring at me.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine," I hadn't realized that I started crying.

"Is there a reason why you don't want to go back?"

"Just some really bad memories and some great ones..." I started getting emotional again.

"Excuse me for a second."

I got up and walked outside to get some fresh air. I sat down on the curb, thinking of what happened yesterday.

All of a sudden, I started crying. I let everything out, everything that I've bottled up for the past 2 years.

I felt arms wrap around me, rocking me back and forth. It didn't take me long to figure out it was Dean.

"Shh, it's ok. We're gonna figure it out, ok?" I nodded and sniffled. There was something about him that was comforting.

His voice.

His presence.

There's just something about him that makes me feel safe and I can't figure it out.

"Do you want to come back inside?" Dean asked. "We're all going to explain who we are and what we do."

We got up and walked back inside, with him still holding me. We sat back down at the table and Sam joined us.

"Anastasia-"

"Bella. Please," I interrupted.

"Ok, Bella, you already know our names," John started. "We're called hunters. There are others like us."

"What do you hunt?" I asked.

"All the paranormal from Ghosts to Werewolves to Wendigos," he answered.

"And I want to train you to be like us, to carry on the family business. Your daddy would've wanted this."

"What do you mean?"

"Michael was also a hunter."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I'm so sorry for taking so long to update. There's just no excuse.

139 FUCKING READS?? I can't believe it! *Garth's voice* Thank y'all so much! You have no idea what this means to me! I can't thank you enough.

I'm so behind on Supernatural. I'm only on episode 16 of season 11.

My birthday is coming up in less than a month (November 21st) so should I do some facts about me?

Let me know in the comments!

Remember to spread around the love! (n_n)

-T