Chapter 6: The Truth About Dad's Death

"My-my dad? You knew my dad?" I was in disbelief. "So that's why the demon kept asking me where you were,"

John nodded. I finally got a good look at what he looks like.

John was of a bigger built, a little bit of facial hair, dark eyes, and black hair. Maybe a little gray in it, I can't tell because of the lighting.

He was wearing a faded black leather jacket, a dark green jacket under that, a black t-shirt, faded blue jeans, and worn out boots.

"How did you know my dad?"

"We were hunting buddies. I was there when he was killed..."

"What killed him?" Anger began to boil inside me. The journal seemed to move on its own.

I thought that was weird, but John must've accidently bumped it or something.

Sammy seemed to take notice and put his hand on my shoulder.

"A Wendigo," John answered.

"We were in a forested area," he started. "I was the bait and Michael was hiding in a tree. The Wendigo showed up and as Michael was about to shoot, he lost his balance and fell," John started to tear up but quickly wiped them away.

"The Wendigo went up to him and slashed him right across his chest. Michael was coughing up blood and told me to tell you that he loves you and for me to take you in."

"Did you let him bleed or did you shoot him?" I asked.

"I shot him, but the Wendigo got away..." He sniffled and looked at me with guilty, puppy eyes.

I looked up at him and said, "Train me."

"You want us to what?" Now it was Dean's turn to talk.

"I want you guys to train me. I want to become a hunter." I stood up and stood behind Sam's chair.

"No. Absolutely not. Out of the question," John said.

"Why? Even you said it; my dad wants me to become one. Saving people, hunting things. The family business!" I argued.

John sighed and stood up, putting his face in his hand.

"Ok. Fine. We start tomorrow,"

"What? You're letting her hunt?" Dean asked in disbelief. "It took me 3 years for me to finally convince you to let me hunt and you're letting Bella after she made ONE good point?"

"Dean!" John yelled. "Her FATHER, the legendary hunter, Michael Dawson wants his DAUGHTER to hunt and I'm respecting that because I respect him!"

"What's so 'legendary' about him?" Dean stood up to his full height. Now I could see his face in detail:

He had short dark blond hair, candy apple green eyes, a bit of a round face, and a little muscular.

He was wearing a black Led Zeppelin shirt, a necklace that he kept fiddling with, and dark blue jeans.

"He figured out how to kill the in killable! He knew how to summon angels and demons! Hell, he knew how to trap and summon the Darkness!" John shot back.

"Guys! Calm down!" I interrupted. "In case you haven't noticed, I don't have any pants! I don't even have any clothes. And I haven't eaten in- how many days?"

"Two days..." Sam answered.

"Two days!"

"Wanna know what? You're right. What do you normally wear?" John asked sarcastically

"I know you're being sarcastic but I need clothes so I'm answering," I started. "T-shirts, jeans, leggings, flannels, leather jackets, high tops, pretty much," I responded while messing with my necklace.

"We've already got a bunch of that," he answered. "Food?"

"Fuck I don't know, I'll eat anything right now," I pointed out.

"Alright, diner down the street it is. Let's go," John grabbed his keys and started walking out the door.

"Still only wearing blood covered clothes!" I yelled.

"Right, right. I'll be right back." and he left.

* * * * * *

"Here, I got you some stuff," John threw some clothes and a brush at me.

"It's about damn time," I got off the couch and went into the bathroom to change. I unraveled the ball of clothes when I noticed a note. It read:

"I remembered your dad saying you like wearing makeup. So I bought you some.

-J.W"

I smiled and took off the note. Under a shirt was a little makeup bag with some eyeliner, mascara, blush, brushes, and a couple of lipsticks.

I put on a black Metallica shirt (which was one of my favorite bands) and tucked it into my jeans, black high tops, tied a flannel around my waist, and put on the leather jacket. I looked in the mirror and brushed my dark brown hair

I applied some winged eyeliner, a light coat of mascara, careful to not stab my dark brown eyes. I put on some blush, and dark red matte lipstick.

I took a final look at my skinny self in the mirror and walked out of the bathroom, making sure I didn't leave a mess.

Dean was the first to see me.

"Wow" was all he could say. We stared at each other for a while before John broke us out of our trance.

"Okay you lovebirds, ready to go?" he snickered.

"Dean! Dean! Piggyback ride!" Sam exclaimed.

"Not now, Sammy. Maybe later?" Dean suggested.

Sam stuck out his bottom lip and made a puppy face.

"Oh come on! Get on my back, mini moose." I told him.

Sam had short brown hair, a round chubby face, hazel eyes, and thin, but not too thin.

He was wearing a gray t-shirt, jeans, and little sneakers on his little feet.

He climbed on my back and we headed towards the car.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I'm sorry it took me a while to update but I think this may be my longest chapter.

I know Halloween was 4 days ago but did you guys dress up? If you did, who or what did you dress up as? Did you go trick or treating? If you did, how much candy did you get?

I dressed as a demon complete with black eye contacts, leather jacket, jeans, combat boots, graphic t-shirt, and a name: Eve. I got a ton of candy.

I probably sound like I'm 10 years old but I'm actually 14 (well, in 17 days I will).

Anyways, I'm always open for suggestions!

And as always, (yes that was a Markimoo reference) spread around the love! (n_n)

-T