(File 1: Two times the Trouble) #5 : Ending The Case

File 1: Two times the Trouble

#5: Ending the Case

MAI'S POV

I woke up and saw myself chained up and bleeding to death. I saw Gene in front of me while being slashed and kicked by my ganger and his.

"Stop!" I tried to yell but my voice didn't come out. Gene!! I saw him look at me with wide eyes and he released a whole lot of psychic energy breaking his chains and my chains as well. I slumped to the ground but was suddenly forced up by a wet and sticky hand. I looked up and saw the first ganger to have created these monstrosities. I screamed loudly and snatched my hand away from him. I heard children's cries and I saw the ganger slumping itself in front of me. He grabbed my arm and I felt fear consume me.

'Mai! Talk to it! Cleanse it! Or something! It's in a sort of defenseless state NOW!' I heard Gene screamed in my head while he was in front of me and the ganger defending us from the replicas.

"Ganger. ." I calmly said and touched its hand. The ganger flinched a bit but I held it tightly.

"Calm down okay?" I smiled at it and it seems to loosen up a bit to me.

'Naru?' I tried to call for him. But there was a few moments that he didn't answer.

'Naru?' I called for him again and waited a few moments.

'Mai? Mai! Thank God you're awake!' He told me his voice filled with concern and it felt so good. Naru's never been concerned with me. This was the only case he has been and I don't get why he is like that.

'Naru. .' I told him and he let out a sigh of relief. I silenced a bit and concentrated on cleansing the ganger. I don't want it to go running off again.

"Ganger. . What is the problem hmm? Tell me?" I told him while I heard Naru calling me on the depths of my mind but I pushed it off focusing on cleansing the ganger.

"M-Mommy a-a-a-nd D-D-Daddy r-re-rejected u-s. . ." it said in a really hoarse voice and I could feel the hurt and pain in it.

"But they said that they love you" I said instantly feeling a repulsive force on myself. The ganger gripped my hand and slammed me to the floor. My back arched as the pain surfaced from the stab wound and the force

"No! They never said that they loved us! They buried us alive like we were things! We never meant anything to them" their hoarse voice doubled-timbre and I covered my ears.

'Keep calm Mai. . Keep calm. .' Gene said through mind-link and I nodded. I stood up while trying to hold my whole body up and touched the ganger's hand yet again. . It took all my psychic energy to summon the spirit of their parents even if I didn't know their names.  Yeah I already knew how to summon spirits. In the three years I've been working with Naru and Gene they taught me psychometry but I mixed it with a little power of my own. I can detect the persons who the spirit wants, even if it was a human or a ghost. I concentrated every bit of it and summoned two spirits. One was a woman and another was a man. This was so tiring but I struggled to keep the connection of the ganger to the spirit.

"Mom, Dad?!" the ganger said and both the parent's smiled.

"Oh my son and daughter. . We're so sorry!!" The mother and father said and they hugged the ganger. Suddenly, all the blood from its body splat on the ground and I saw two faces now having a peaceful happy expression and their body had separated into two. They turned to me and pulled me into a hug. R.Gene and Mai suddenly burst into a puff of air but all I could think of was the warmness that these two kids had. And how beautiful they both look. The girl had red locks of hair that went down to her thighs, she had charming green eyes and she had pale lips with a smile on them, and the boy looked a bit like Naru with the squinty grey eyes and a smile on his face his hair was the color of red and was in a messy way. I smiled as I hug them back while their parents stood there waiting for them to come to them.