(File 2: Haunted Carnival) #5 : Nearly causing death

File 2: Haunted Carnival 

#5 : Nearly Causing Death 

MAI'S POV 

"Naru!!! Don't! Stop it!!!" I said as I knew what they were doing. It was a powerful psychic technique that uses both the twins energy but one of them would surely get burnt. . And I saw Naru clutching his chest while his extended hand was shaking.

"NARU!! STOP!!" I shouted with all my might but the power blasted everything around us. Ayako casted a barrier for Bou-san but we don't know if other than him anyone would survive that.

The barrier around us went down and I saw Yuki some distance away starting to disappear. I went near him and put my hands in a praying like motion.

"Mai. ." he said and I looked at him. His body was half and half because the other half had already disappeared.

"I thought you were my friend. ." I said to him as tears flowed down my cheeks. He tried to stand up and he did stopping in front of me and holding my hands putting it down.

"Yeah. . I'am . ." he said and I looked down.

"Then why?" I asked but he pulled my chin up and smiled at me.

"I'm a monster Mai. . And I wanted you to hate me. . I can never live in this world as a normal human being because I'm a tengu. I crave for human blood and bones. . And that is one thing you can never change in me. So maybe dying in the hands of your boyfriend would make things better. ." I blushed at what he said.

"He's not my boyfriend. ." I said to him and he just ruffled my hair.

"Yeah and I'm dumber than you. . Idiot. ." he said as he smiled while he was only from shoulders and up.

"Thank you Mai. . and Take care. ." he said as he finally kissed my forehead before disappearing into thin air. . I looked at the particles of light floating upwards and I can't help but admire its beauty.

"NARU!" I was suddenly put out of my reverie as I heard Gene shout Naru's name. I looked around and hurried towards his side. I looked at everyone and they seemed fine except for Gene who was in tattered clothes. I looked at Naru and he was as pale as ghost. I knelt beside him and clutched his hand. I put my head on his chest but he wasn't breathing. My heart became anxious in fear.

"Naru! Naru! Don't die on me!!" I shouted at him bur he didn't respond. Tears sprung on my eyes and I shook him.

"Naru! Naru! Please! Come back to me!!" I yelled at him and the tears finally came down on my cheeks landing on his.

"Naru. . Naru. ." I kept on calling his name but still no response came. 

"Naru. . I love you. . Please Naru come back to me. . Naru. . I love you." I said to him and I was suddenly pulled by an arm.

"You're such an idiot you know that. ." I heard his voice weakly saying that and he lightly punched my head. I suddenly cried and hugged him tightly.

"Can't breathe Mai. . Can't breathe" he said as he tapped my back but I didn't let go of him. Until I felt myself losing consciousness in the arms of the man I love.

NARU'S POV

She actually fell asleep. . I said to myself as I cradled her in my arms. My whole body ached but at least I did it to save her. I tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. She looked so beautiful under the moonlight.

"Naru I'll take her for you. ." Bou-san said but suddenly Mai disappeared.

"What the?!?" I exclaimed but Gene touched my shoulder and he shook his head.

"She just returned back to where her real body is. Remember we just astral projected here. And this place will go down in less than a second if we don't get back." he said and I nodded.

Gene grab hold of my shoulder and I grabbed Bou-san's arm while he grabbed Ayako's hand, while she grabbed Masako's hand and Masako grabbed John's arm. We all suddenly lost consciousness and opening my eyes I saw that I was back. I sat up and saw that Mai was peacefully sleeping beside me. She had her hand on the edge of my black coat.

"Thank God you guys are back." Yazuhara said with a first aid kit on his hand. He went beside and stared tending to my wounds.

"Is Mai all right?" he asked and I nodded keeping my platonic expression on. But Ireally am worried for Mai just too embarassed to show it to them. I'am their cold bossy leader. 

"I see. ." he said and a comfortable silence settled between us. He wrapped bandages around the large bruises and Band-Aids on the smaller ones. He left some scratches as it was.

"And there you are you're done!" he said and went to the others. Koujo went beside Mai and lifted her up but her hand didn't let go of my coat. I tried to take her hand off but she just gripped it tighter.

"Haay. . Give her to me Koujo. ."

"Are you sure?" I nodded and he placed Mai on my lap. I put her head on my shoulder while her legs were splayed out half of it on my legs and half of it on ground. I cradled her on my arms and I smelled her sweet scent.  Okay I was a pervert. Really?

"Naru. ." she said my name and I thought she was awake but when I looked at her face she was asleep with a smile on her face. My eyes drifted to her lips and how luscious they looked. I then looked away blushing a bit thinking how much of a pervert I really was. Damn it.

'Naru's blushing ahahah. How cute. .' Gene suddenly said inside my brain and I scowled at him.

'I'm not. .'

'Oh you totally were'

'Shut it'

'Just admit it that you love her. .'

'Yeah I do so what's it to you. .' I blurted out and I covered my mouth. Shit. . I just said something that Gene would probably tease me about but yeah it's true . .

I'm in love with my assistant Mai Taniyama

Now. . That I actually know about my feelings for her. .

How am I supposed to control these things?!?

#######################